Delete pipes or full turbo back exhaust? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-17-2012, 02:49 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Delete pipes or full turbo back exhaust?

I have an 03 and am looking to upgrade my exhaust. I am not really wanting to build the truck for more power i am quite happy with that but i would like to eek out any mpg gains i can on a budget. Would i benefit much by just deleting the muffler and particulate filter or should i just get a turbo back and be done with it? I am somewhat concerned about loosing mpg's by going with a larger diameter turbo back setup but would like advice on that. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-17-2012, 02:58 AM
<--BAGHDAD

Re: Delete pipes or full turbo back exhaust?

turbo back, you can get them with flow through muffler if thats a concern. mbrp, diamond eye, dynomax are just a few. you can get 3 or 4 in back if thats a concern also.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-17-2012, 03:28 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95PwrSmoke View Post
turbo back, you can get them with flow through muffler if thats a concern. mbrp, diamond eye, dynomax are just a few. you can get 3 or 4 in back if thats a concern also.

I have no concern with emmissions or noise levels here in Kansas, i just want to do some mods that will not hurt my mpg's and hopefully increase them.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-17-2012, 03:35 AM
<--BAGHDAD

i'd go with a turbo back kit then. have you thought about an intake and a chip, you can get mild tunes too. you can get a 3 position chip and just have stock, high idle and a 75 hp setting for economy burnt to it.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-17-2012, 04:04 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95PwrSmoke View Post
i'd go with a turbo back kit then. have you thought about an intake and a chip, you can get mild tunes too. you can get a 3 position chip and just have stock, high idle and a 75 hp setting for economy burnt to it.
I just posted another thread in the section with kind of what i have in mind for the total truck, but in regards to the intake i was under the impression the factory one flowed really well but to maybe do a zoodad?? mod? I have seen a lot of trucks around here with dusted engines due to after market filters, mostly k&n. All the farmers put them on and seem to burn them up but thats how i buy a lot of my project trucks to flip.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-17-2012, 04:49 AM
<--BAGHDAD

k&n are junk. they let too much in. i've seen tests on em and i've seen results from them too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode