up pipes? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
dick

up pipes?

so i am new to the powerstroke world and mu up pipes have a leak and i need some feed back on what is the best and most cost efficient way to fix it thanks guys ohh yeah it is a 7.3 in a 2001 f350 supper duty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 01:39 AM
D66stroke

Re: up pipes?

Bellowed pipes. For the Super Duty's, their anywhere from $400-$500. Check out Diesel Orings' site or Riff Raff diesel. I'd say their the cheapest. Or you could always buy the donut gaskets but why not spend the little extra money to fix it permanently while it's all apart..

97 F-250, 300/100's, e-fuel, Gearhead tunes, Stokers Unlimited stage 3 trans and T4 mount, s366, ARP studs, Comp 910's, Smith Bros PR's

09 Cadillac CTS-V, long tubes/Xpipe, Jeremy Formato tuned, ID850's, 2.38 upper pulley, NorCal icebox, Hennessy heat exchanger
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 02:37 AM Thread Starter
dick

well i dont have the 500 buck rite now to fix it so if i can get by with the donuts i will. And i hope it makes my egts lower and my boost comes back up

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 04:40 AM
D66stroke

Doing just donuts is ok. I'm just saying if it was up to me I'd fix it permanently with bellowed pipes since its a bitch to take apart/re-install (from what I hear). Hope it works out for ya

97 F-250, 300/100's, e-fuel, Gearhead tunes, Stokers Unlimited stage 3 trans and T4 mount, s366, ARP studs, Comp 910's, Smith Bros PR's

09 Cadillac CTS-V, long tubes/Xpipe, Jeremy Formato tuned, ID850's, 2.38 upper pulley, NorCal icebox, Hennessy heat exchanger
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 08:58 PM
PSN Local

With the bellowed up-pipes you get all new parts. New casting up at the turbo and that means that you don't need to worry about breaking bolts off when you disassemble what you have. There is also the risk that your uppipes are shot so new gaskets is not enough.

Can you afford not to use the bellowed uppies?

2000 F350 SRW, 4wd, CCSB, PSD
Lowered rear end to F250 height, 4" exhaust w/ muff, foil delete, AIH delete, Ford AIS intake, tru-cool trans cooler, autometer under dash pod and gauges, Mile Marker hubs, 04 headlights, soft tonneau

18' 10k rated PJ car hauler
26' 7500# Creekside RV Trailer
Kioti CK30 tractor
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 09:23 PM
I like turtles

Most up pipe leaks I see anymore have up pipe damage so its hard to get them to get a good seal again.

08 duramax ccsb efi live, air dog 2, isspros, 5 inch exhaust and some other cool things. 2001 duramax 2wd (Project truck)
Once had a signature that had some bad ass stuff on it. Now its back to crap.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode