water for fuel - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 64 (permalink) Old 05-17-2008, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
2nd class citizen

water for fuel

has anybody heard of this? it looks like a gimmick or some kind of 1970 type bubbliezer. what do you guys think?
http://water4gas.com/2books.htm?hop=sciguy40

2003 CRW CAB LB 4X4 6SPD,AFE STAGE 2,38r,DP TUNER,4'' MBRP,FASS 15,Farmers Disel Performance 160/100 injectors,ITPREG.RETURN,TERMINATOR
2001 crw cab short bed auto 4x4 5"exhaust afe stg 2,f6,jw trans,terminator,cass. stg2's,itp reg return,fuel lab pump.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 64 (permalink) Old 05-17-2008, 11:39 PM
PSN Local

Re: water for fuel

I have spend countless hour working on this... Really more like 10 hours per week for about 10 weeks but most have been research... I had a cell producing 1.2 LPM which is not bad but for a 7.3L like ours you would need about 4-6 lpm... I think it could work but not to the extreme some people make it to be. Maybe a 15-20% increase but I have no data to back this up... to make it efficient it would have to be a big unit.

It will take power to generate the HHO but hopefully the increase in combustion efficiency plus the added combustible would make up for the energy it take to make the HHO and then spare some to contribute to MPG improvement. try www.hydrogengarage.com They have a bunch of free info.

99.5 F250 2wd 6Speed: DP Tuner, Straight Pipe, DIY Tymar, 203 Thermostat. Spec Focus Hauler!!

23.5 MPG (HIGHWAY)
17.5 MPG (City)
post #3 of 64 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 12:54 AM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFOCUSHAULER View Post
I have spend countless hour working on this... Really more like 10 hours per week for about 10 weeks but most have been research... I had a cell producing 1.2 LPM which is not bad but for a 7.3L like ours you would need about 4-6 lpm... I think it could work but not to the extreme some people make it to be. Maybe a 15-20% increase but I have no data to back this up... to make it efficient it would have to be a big unit.

It will take power to generate the HHO but hopefully the increase in combustion efficiency plus the added combustible would make up for the energy it take to make the HHO and then spare some to contribute to MPG improvement. try www.hydrogengarage.com They have a bunch of free info.
are you going to make a bigger cell? Or do you feel it is not worth the time required to do it?

1994 F-700 Cummins 5.9 12v and Arbortech chip body

1999 International 4900 DT466E w/Allison auto, flatbed 60' rear mount altec am855 boom.

2001 F-350 7.3 4x4 reg cab, single shots, BTS trans,
35" toyo mt's on black 18" KMC addicts

2006 F-350 6.0 4x4 cc lariat, 20" stock wheels with toyo at's....waiting for studs and all that.

post #4 of 64 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 02:50 AM
Jaw-Juh Stroker

Snake oil. Pure and simple snake oil.

The problem with all these claims about running cars on water is that you must separate the hydrogen and the oxygen somehow. Doing so requires a certain amount of energy to be expended. In this case, they're using electricity to do that work for them. That means in order to get your fuel from water, you have to first process it with electricity, bringing a cost into the equation. Your fuel bill will just be paid to the power company instead.

Water is the least energetic combination of hydrogen and oxygen. You can think of water as the "ash" left over from burning hydrogen. Two hydrogen atoms at high temperatures in the presence of an oxygen atom will bond, creating flame in the process. You can't then burn this molecule called water. Try it some time. Light a match and stick it in some water. Doesn't burn. You can think of it like trying to light up the wood ash in the bottom of your fire place. It simply won't catch because it's in an ash state. You need fresh wood to supply the atoms and molecules that will bond with the oxygen in the air in order to create flame. Once it's bonded, it's used up and you'll have to expend a lot of energy to break those bonds. The amount of energy that must be expended to do this is greater than the amount of energy that will be released when you burn them again. The laws of thermodynamics will not be denied.

2002 F250 4x4
T-444E 6-speed
post #5 of 64 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 01:44 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Hicks View Post

The problem with all these claims about running cars on water is that you must separate the hydrogen and the oxygen somehow. Doing so requires a certain amount of energy to be expended. In this case, they're using electricity to do that work for them. That means in order to get your fuel from water, you have to first process it with electricity, bringing a cost into the equation. Your fuel bill will just be paid to the power company instead.

Water is the least energetic combination of hydrogen and oxygen. You can think of water as the "ash" left over from burning hydrogen. Two hydrogen atoms at high temperatures in the presence of an oxygen atom will bond, creating flame in the process. You can't then burn this molecule called water. Try it some time. Light a match and stick it in some water. Doesn't burn. You can think of it like trying to light up the wood ash in the bottom of your fire place. It simply won't catch because it's in an ash state. You need fresh wood to supply the atoms and molecules that will bond with the oxygen in the air in order to create flame. Once it's bonded, it's used up and you'll have to expend a lot of energy to break those bonds. The amount of energy that must be expended to do this is greater than the amount of energy that will be released when you burn them again. The laws of thermodynamics will not be denied.
so you tried it and can attest from experience that you get no gains from the systems they offer? I took chemistry too, I do understand your points. What I also learnd from all the science was experimintation. Sure there were no scientific journal refernces on it to be found...but how about using solar to fuel the elctrolisis. Pretty clean
Do a search for solar produced hydrogen.

1999 International 4900 DT466E w/Allison auto, flatbed 60' rear mount altec am855 boom.

2006 F-350 6.0 4x4 cc lariat, 20" stock wheels with toyo at's....waiting for studs and all that.
post #6 of 64 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 01:59 PM
PSN Local

check this guy out.
Stan Meyer - hydrogen oxygen ( HHO ) - Zero Point Energy

His electrolisis process is baffling even scienists, no joke.

post #7 of 64 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 04:56 PM
you want some of this?

Quote:

What he said.
Pay me now, pay me later. Besides, if it DID work, how dangerous would that be having raw hydrogen, and raw oxygen in the same little jar or bottle? hmmmmmm
what was that name again? hindenburg? No such thing as a free lunch.

2000 f-350 cc lb dually 4x4, BTS transmission
[email protected] 90 mph on MT mud tires and 8,000 #
coming soon--97 cc lb 4x4
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 64 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 07:51 PM
Jaw-Juh Stroker

Quote:
Originally Posted by frashdog View Post
so you tried it and can attest from experience that you get no gains from the systems they offer? I took chemistry too, I do understand your points.
No I have not personally tested it, and I actually failed chemistry. However, I aced physics and understand thermodynamics much better than many mechanical engineers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frashdog View Post
What I also learnd from all the science was experimintation. Sure there were no scientific journal refernces on it to be found...but how about using solar to fuel the elctrolisis. Pretty clean
Do a search for solar produced hydrogen.
Currently solar energy is limited in the amount of wattage it can produce to the point that it's simply not economical. Your up front investment in solar tech would never be recovered by using that energy to split water in electrolysis. Even if solar power was much much cheaper, it would be more practical to outfit your car with batteries and an electric motor than to waste energy in the electrolysis process.

2002 F250 4x4
T-444E 6-speed
post #9 of 64 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 08:56 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
No I have not personally tested it, and I actually failed chemistry. However, I aced physics and understand thermodynamics much better than many mechanical engineers.

Currently solar energy is limited in the amount of wattage it can produce to the point that it's simply not economical. Your up front investment in solar tech would never be recovered by using that energy to split water in electrolysis. Even if solar power was much much cheaper, it would be more practical to outfit your car with batteries and an electric motor than to waste energy in the electrolysis process.
so you think that guy on youtube is a load?

post #10 of 64 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 12:47 AM
PSN Local

Wow! where in the hell have I been Can we run a setup like this in a diesel engine?

03 350 4x4 FX4 LB Mods: 6"DR all spring lift,Firestone ride rites, DP tuner 60t,80e,100,120, Napa 6637, AIH delete, Itp reg return/pre pump/CCV mod, JW VB, 4" turbo back. SOLD!!

03 Excursion 4x4 6oh Mods: 4" DR lift ,zoodad,ride rites. SOLD!! we miss it

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode