visor MPG drag - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-17-2011, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
just learning...

visor MPG drag

Ok I have search all over and cant find one way or another but I thought Dave or one of you guys might know this with experience....How much MPG does the Visor reduce mpg or does it? Thanks!

ps: Admin, if this is addressed somewhere else that I couldnt find, laugh at me then delete

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1996 f350 dually AFE Intake, Gauges, SuperChips Programmer, Auxillary tranny cooler& fan, IC, DP only.... 299,000 an still rollin.....kinda...

2000 F250 XLT-bone stock and staying that way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-17-2011, 10:32 PM
An Ancient view on life

Location: Houston, Texas wishing I was on the Pig farm in Iowa
Re: visor MPG drag

I would say that your visor is a drag problem, but if that bulkhead plate behind you cab is really hanging out then that is your drag problem. That is if that is your truck in the avatar.

JonFord

[SIGPIC]
1997 F-250 CC
Banks intercooler-6 position Chip and BlownAway Headers from DI

URL=
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
src="
border="0" alt="" />[/URL]

2003 VW Jetta TDI-----50 mpg

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-17-2011, 11:25 PM Thread Starter
just learning...

yeah.....the bulkhead.... comes in quite handy in many situations and saved my cab once already but yes I know know it is a drag monster. I was wondering if there was any conclusive evidence with example numbers of how much the visor was dragging me down. I plan to cut out the mesh on the sides and drop the bulkhead just enough so that it will still protect the cab but isn't obnoxiously big....like now lol PO threw that on there when he took the utility bed off, the bed and rear bumper is built like an ox however I think they might have over done it with the bulkhead.....just one of those things that you want to get done but never get around to doing. Thanks

1996 f350 dually AFE Intake, Gauges, SuperChips Programmer, Auxillary tranny cooler& fan, IC, DP only.... 299,000 an still rollin.....kinda...

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 12:24 AM
MPG Moderator

Til you lose the bulkhead, don't sweat the visor.

2000 F-350 SC 4x2 6 speed
3.08 gears Gear Vendor Overdrive
Slammed 4"
Rugged Air Dam
315,000 miles
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 11:40 PM Thread Starter
just learning...

Thanks I appreciate the responses and yes I know the bulkhead causes more drag than the visor but I was asking about the visor and not the bulkhead. Does anyone out there have any example numbers or trial numbers that they ran or that their brother's girlfriend's uncle's dad found with anything related to mpg loss with a visor or gain without? Thanks

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 01:14 AM
Team Shade-Tree Mechanic

Send a message via AIM to Mini-Stroke...

No idea, but if you ditch the visor I'll take it lol

96 PSD 4X4, 33's, intake, 4" straight exhaust, Autometer NV gauges, Edge
, ZF5 tranny, LUK clutch. D60 swap in the works......

87 Diesel ranger 4X4

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode