Here's a BTS story for ya... - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Here's a BTS story for ya...

Last October I got my BTS 4r100 tranny after having horrible luck with a local tranny builder that wouldn't stand behind his work, or keep to his word. This tranny shop absolutely sucked the life out of me ( and about $6,000) with all the problems I had, so I finally threw in the towel and bought a BTS.

Brian and the rest of the crew at BTS were awesome to do work with, and such a breath of fresh air compared to the shop I had been working with in the past. BTS's customer service was fantastic, and I felt like I was dealing with a tranny shop that ACTUALLY cared about the transmissions they were building, and they ACTUALLY cared about the customers that were spending money with them. I was totally 100% satisfied (and still am).

Had the tranny in my truck for about 10 months, drag raced it about 10 times, plowed snow all winter long, did a million burnouts/ fishtails... overall drove it pretty hard on the street. Still no complaints, the tranny has been 100% perfect the entire time, performed flawlessly.

Friday July 30th I was coming off the highway, coasting around 30-35 mph on the off ramp and when I went to accelerate again, I lost all forward gears and reverse. The truck had Park and 5 Neutrals. I have no idea what happened. Checked the fluid, all was fine, so I got it towed to my shop.

Talked to Brian that Monday when his shop opened and he had me check a few obvious things like the TC and the input shaft, and all checked out fine. Neither of us really had any idea what happened at this point.

BTS is in Arkansas, I'm in Massachusetts (1,500 Miles)... Distance and down time was going to be my biggest problem with getting my tranny checked out and fixed. With that in mind, Brian then offered to build me a brand new tranny and ship it up to me with a brand new TC and 5gal of Schaeffer's ATF for no cost. I didn't have to spend a dollar, and the tranny only took 3 days to get delivered!

Now that is service!

I'm back on the road again, the new tranny shifts perfectly and I'm sending the old one back to him for him to take apart and see what happened. I think both him and I will be very curious to see what happened with it, because there is no way I'm making the kind of power it takes to "break" a BTS.

I just wanted to share this story with everyone that was on the fence about what tranny builder to go with. After reading this hopefully the decision is clear. The customer service and awesome product is worth every dollar you spend on a BTS transmission, and if or when something happens, you know you'll be backed up 100% by the guy who built the tranny.

Sincerely,
One very satisfied customer.

BTS rocks!

Early 99 F-350
4" lift on 33's. Daily Driver/ Plow truck.
Swamp's Gen3, 300/200's, Tuning, 76mm Sledgehammer. BTS. Fuel system, ARP's, P-Rods, 910's, and a few other things. Stock Block.
SOLD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New truck:
2009 F-350, 5.4L, 4" lift on 35's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 06:49 PM
screw the DARK SIDE

Re: Here's a BTS story for ya...

That is really good customer service. Its hard to find places like that.

2007 f350
1997 F350.
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 06:51 PM
This We'll Defend

Send a message via Yahoo to texasmedic01

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97strokn&smokn View Post
That is really good customer service. Its hard to find places like that.
Those who do provide service like that are one in a million. If I ever need to replace my tranny, I what its going to be. Stories like this abound about BTS and their services.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2010 RACE FOR THE WARRIORS co-founder

Thanks everyone for the support!

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 07:59 PM
OEM Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Tom S

Good story. You should write up a letter to them along these lines.
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 08:14 PM
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs

That's awesome!

EMPIRE DIESEL, PERFORMANCE TRUCK PRODUCTS, CEN-TEX DIESEL PERFORMANCE, AND DIESEL INNOVATIONS

ALSO LOTS OF HELP FROM (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER) TWISTED DIESEL PERFORMANCE, FCDP, ITP, MATT WITH GEARHEAD, ERIC WITH INNOVATIVE, DOUG WITH GOGO DIESEL, CASS WITH FULL FORCE DIESEL, AND SWAMP'S

2005 F350 Fat-Butt Truck
2004 ECSB Procharged F250
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 08:35 PM
PSN Local

Makes me want one even more

Early 99, Rolling on 20x12 fuel hostage with 35x12.5 nitto mud grapplers. 2009 Points runner up in stock diesel and 2010 points champ in modified diesel. Truck built by Perry Perfomance in Edenton NC
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 10:28 PM
PSN Veteran

Thats amazing

99.5 F250, 4x4, Lariat, CC/SB, 4r100 Gauges, Intake, Exhaust, Lots of black/smoked parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltaine View Post
I ride solo, being able to converse with yourself is a skill that creeps up on you.
Black Ops 360
Gamertag; See Ya LATER 73
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 10:32 PM
ohh bee ess

I just returned home from the BTS shop (just under 2500 mile round trip)...worth the drive and worth every dollar spent ! They really are a one in a million shop. We worked on my truck until 9pm, he would have stayed all night if he had to knowing we had to be back on the road that same night. 10,000 sq. ft. super clean and organized shop...they even have a huge "waiting room" with two couches to sit/sleep on since he gets so many customers that do the long haul to Lead Hill for trans and other work. Sure, I could have had a tranny shipped to PA, but I decided to make a fun road trip out of it. I sold one of my motorcycles and trucked it to St. Louis MO where I met the buyer for the transaction (he drove up 5 hrs. from Nashville TN) . Stayed in St. Louis for a day and a half, ate some kick ass BBQ, saw some sights, then drove 5 hrs. down to AR. When I left BTS, I drove 21 hrs. straight back to PA...I guess the trans is heat cycled and broken in ! My truck has never run and shifted this good !! He gets an A+++ and my recommendation to everybody. Thank you Brian, Patty, Albert, Tina, Cale, etc. !!

1997 F-250HD XLT ECLB 4WD, built E4OD, 4.10 LS, baby Swamp's, MPRP 4" turbo back w/ 3" dp, S&B intake, Edge Evo (for now...yes I know), 167k

*SOLD*1997 F-250HD XLT ECLB, 4WD, BTS E4OD, 3.55, MBRP 4" turbo back w/ 3" dp, S&B intake, 6 position chip w/ BTS tunes, Auto Meter pre-turbo py

Leaving a carbon footprint as big as Sasquatch !
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 10:36 PM
R.I.P PSN

man this is making me want one so bad. ive talked to them a few times with just some questions about the stock trans in my truck and they havent hesitated to answer a question. that is trully A++ customer service. you dont get that with many companys thats for dang sure.

Konnor
2002 Ford F-350 CCSB 7.3

Diesel Innovations Tunes
Glowshift 10 series gauges
6637 Intake w/ Truckmods cover
Foil Delete
Wicked Wheel
Dual 7" Aussies
5" lift
35" MT ATZ's
Black MT Classic Locks
03-07 Tow Mirrors
05 Harley front end
Recon Smoked cab lights
ATS Stage 3 Trans w/ 5 Star Converter

R.I.P. Will Iott
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 10:38 PM
Young'n

Gotta BTS in my puller! there awesome! customer service might be the best around... esp in your case!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode