Hard shift from 2nd to 3rd GONE!! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Hard shift from 2nd to 3rd GONE!!

Brief history....

02 7.3 f-250 4x4 crew cab...have RBP ehaust, cold air intake, Edge chip (set at towing)..

well tranny started shifting very hard into 3rd gear...not sure when it started? may have been like this all the time, but just started to notice it!! all mods done 5 years ago!!

anyways...took truck to local Mechanic, said common problem with thes trans, the acuator springs go bad...so 400 bucks for fix.... Needless to say it DID NOT fix problem!! mechanic said....oh well more damage done than we thougt...2400 for new rebuild!! took truck home and contimplated next move!!

researching this forum, notice some mention EDGE programmer SUCKS!! so i thought for the heck of it...i put it back to the stock settings..

OMG>>>> hard shift completely disappeared!! all gears shift smoothly!!

has anyone else had this experience? does this seem possible??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 04:37 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Hard shift from 2nd to 3rd GONE!!

I had an edge in mine as my fist tuner, I left mine in extreme all the time, I toasted my tyranny in two months, lesson learned now I've got a better one.

1999.5 F 350 crew cab dually 4x4, 330,000mi, TS 6 position, Edge monitor, Itp regulated return, sinister boost inhilator, ccv mod, afe stage ll, s475, 300cc 200% hybrids, Adrenaline HPOP, Airdog 150, Jasper class 1 full built tranny, triple disc Torque converter, AIH delete, 4" exhaust.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 04:39 PM
PSN Veteran

And also put 3 computers in it in about 8 months I've got a chip in it now and had no problems, now I'm ready to get back to san Antonio for some TSD custom tunes

1999.5 F 350 crew cab dually 4x4, 330,000mi, TS 6 position, Edge monitor, Itp regulated return, sinister boost inhilator, ccv mod, afe stage ll, s475, 300cc 200% hybrids, Adrenaline HPOP, Airdog 150, Jasper class 1 full built tranny, triple disc Torque converter, AIH delete, 4" exhaust.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 04:45 PM
<--Spy Vs. Spy

Yeah dude... What Edge "chip" did you have??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

228-365-0698
Sheep only have two speeds, 'grazing' and 'stampede'.
Regulated Returns are on SALE!!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 05:05 PM
PSN Veteran

Wink Re: Hard shift from 2nd to 3rd GONE!!

I had the evolution

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 08:01 PM
PSN Veteran

That doesn't make sense. Why should Edge cause a problem today and be fine the last few years?

I think, more likely the Edge brought the problem more to light. If what I think is correct, your trans might be fine for now but is ready to let go.

01 Excursion 7.3L Powerstroke. Gauges with AIH Delete, AIS, CCV Mod, 4' MBRP, BTS Trans, 6.0L Trans Cooler and Intercooler, DP-Tuner F5 chip, ITP In Tank Mod and Boost Annihilator, Diesel Innovation's Regulated Fuel kit, BTS Big Oil system, GTP38R Turbo with 1.15 A/R housing and BPD Stage II AC injectors. Bilstein Shocks with U front and A Rear.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 11:21 PM
<--Spy Vs. Spy

That's what I was getting at as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

228-365-0698
Sheep only have two speeds, 'grazing' and 'stampede'.
Regulated Returns are on SALE!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode