Trans go tugger kits - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-08-2007, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
< pissed off pumkin.

Trans go tugger kits

Who sells them I, can't find any one. I have to put a trans in my truck so I'm gonna go with one of these maybe, also the talk about pump mods. What can I expect to have to do for this? I'm not sure if Ifeel comfortable puling the front of the trans apart, The VB is a no brainer, but the rest of trans is more than I'd like to tackle. Any imput from you guys is very apretiated. Thanks

Dan

2003 F-350 4x4, Ext cab. 7.3 AFE stage II 4" turbo back exhaust, garret GTP 38, 1.15 van turbine housing,EBPV deleated, non waste gated, ATS compresor housing, WW II, bellowed up pipes, CFM + spyder conversion, Hydra chip with Bill's tunes, CCV mod, Hutched, harpooned, RR fuel system, 6.0 trans cooler, Swamps IDM, HPX.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-08-2007, 05:22 PM
Race car driva.......

Re: Trans go tugger kits

If you cannot find one I have a source.

There are a few other bits and pieces I like to put in the accumulator that the kit will not have, and some stuff from the kit I toss in the trash.

The pump mods are always a plus, but a pita to install.

Honestly if you want just to firm up the shifts a pre modded accum like the one from BTs, JW or myself is the best route to go and a whole lot easier to put in.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-08-2007, 05:34 PM

All you will be doing is putting a bandaid on the trans.Putting shift kits,Extra clutchs,shafts,billet converters etc and still you have not fixed the problems
that are most common to cause failure!These are the things most builders do
and say they have fixed the trans.That is not true,there is a reason why I have 3.5 hours of machine work in every trans.There is a reason that some transmissions take over $1000 in new ford hard parts. There is a difference in someone who cares more about the quality of his work and not # of transmissions his does.There is a difference and always will be.

For those of you who would like to attempt to fix your own trans I will help! I have in the past sent parts to guy that likes to fix his own truck. I have found that in 26yrs of doing this most guys at home can do a better job then most builders in production shops. So fix it right!

Transman

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-08-2007, 05:42 PM
all ur OBS r belong to me

Send a message via MSN to OldschoolPSD

I have one for sale... complete kit with instructions.

I paid $150 for it from Suncoast, PM me an offer if you are interested.

Transman, I am going to beef up my tranny (Ford Reman with about 10k on it) this fall because the TC is already going out on it. I may emplore upon your wisdom as I attempt to rebuild it myself. I might have to PM you with my goals and get your opinion.

Ford stopped building trucks in 1997
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-08-2007, 11:00 PM Thread Starter
< pissed off pumkin.

Talking Re: Trans go tugger kits

Hey what about Sonex kits that DI sells?? I'm putting a Ford HD reman. trans in, don't start. I'm getting a real good deal, less than 1800.00 for it. When you spend the kind of money we do at the ford realer it has it perks. I don't know a whole lot about it, but I have a write up on all the stuff they suposable do to it at home somewhere. I can't afford a BTS or John Wood unit, but I also don't make crazy amounts of horse power either. I think this trans will do fine with what I've done, I figure a little help from a VB or shift kit won't hurt. If I go with a BTS VB I will get a hold of Jody and change tunes for it and the other things done. Thanks I hope this clears up any confusion, and sorry about the long windedness, thanks again.

Dan

2003 F-350 4x4, Ext cab. 7.3 AFE stage II 4" turbo back exhaust, garret GTP 38, 1.15 van turbine housing,EBPV deleated, non waste gated, ATS compresor housing, WW II, bellowed up pipes, CFM + spyder conversion, Hydra chip with Bill's tunes, CCV mod, Hutched, harpooned, RR fuel system, 6.0 trans cooler, Swamps IDM, HPX.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-08-2007, 11:10 PM

I paid $1800 for the Ford Reman in my truck... I don't know if thats too hot of a deal.

I would go with a Jasper over a factory reman... or a Recon if money is real tight. The Ford unit is junk IMHO.

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-08-2007, 11:25 PM Thread Starter
< pissed off pumkin.

Someone said they checked the price and Ford wanted 2900.00 for it, Take it from someone who found out the hard way, don't ever buy a truck that you can't aford to fix!! If I had money to burn like some people I would be more that happy to drive down too BTS and have Brian fix it the right way as you guys point out, but I can't aford it so I'm doing the best I can. I'm just damn lucky I have a cool ass boss.

Dan

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-08-2007, 11:48 PM

I bought mine for $1800 from Ford... Take it from someone who has a few trucks with remans, the Ford reman is junk. They are good for about 80k and they shift like crap the whole time.

Our '95 has over 400k and has been through 4 Ford transmissions. Lately we have been switching over to Jasper and have had good luck so far.

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-09-2007, 01:10 AM
Taters #2 Fan

Send a message via AIM to JohnDeere9610 Send a message via Yahoo to JohnDeere9610

Ford just came out with an upgraded transmission. I think that is what he is talking about. I havent heard much from them but hear they are better?

RDRCM# Five O

95 F350
Full Force stage 3 Hybrids
H2E
2L Motorsports Gen 3
Beans fuel system
Transmission by Jon Faubion
Tuned by the "WILDMAN"

99.5 Dodge
P-Pump 24v
2.6 puller
"Whitey"
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-09-2007, 01:29 AM
Race car driva.......

we have had only one request for the HD ford unit, parts guy could not locate one, so I built him one instead.................

The remans are just that, remanufactured. And they do shift like crap.

For the poster, the best choice is to go through it and get all the junk out of it and fix the problem areas, but to answer your original question bang for the buck and ease of install get a modded vb as you all call it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode