4r100 Torques more in D than 1 or 2 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

4r100 Torques more in D than 1 or 2

I just drained my trans pan twice of three year old Amsoil as it was hit. Filled it twice (5qts x 2) with CAM2 ATF to get me by till I flush and re-fill with Amsoil next week. But as i went through the gears to re-fill the clutch packs and check the level I notice that it would always torque the truck WAY more in drive than in first or second. Any thoughts on this since the trans should be getting 30% or more line pressure when manually shifted. Has the Diablo Sport-Predator set on the 85HP tune FYI.

06' F250 Harley Davidson Edition(Factory 2.5" lift)CCSB-blue sping kit, ARP, gaskets up, Driven Diesel Coolant Return, Sinister Diesel Coolant filter, Rotella ELC, SCT X4, 55gal Aluminum Fuel tank, B & W turnover. ...Hauling New RV's daily.
02' F250 687,000 miles towing...traded to friend for a boat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Re: 4r100 Torques more in D than 1 or 2

Wow no-one has any idea on this??

06' F250 Harley Davidson Edition(Factory 2.5" lift)CCSB-blue sping kit, ARP, gaskets up, Driven Diesel Coolant Return, Sinister Diesel Coolant filter, Rotella ELC, SCT X4, 55gal Aluminum Fuel tank, B & W turnover. ...Hauling New RV's daily.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 11:35 PM
PSN Veteran

with my experiences, which with trannnys is little..once it's put in drive, you won't feel it "shift" (for lack of a better term) from drive to low 1 or 2..at least on my truck it doesn't.i wouldn't think it would on a chipped one either.

LUKE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2002 CCLB AUT0 4X4

S&B, DI/PRICOL GAUGES, CCV, ZOODAD, TS CHIP-MATT AT GEARHEAD,
38R, ADRENALINE, SWAMP'S IDM, 4" T/B MBRP
05 CONVERSION, 4 INCH LIFT, 325/65-18 FIERCE ATTITUDE M/T
WILSON 5000 GALAXY DX66

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 11:49 PM
PSN Veteran

Most tuning I have run does not lock the converter until it is in drive. Then you can feel more power going to the ground instead of a lot of rpms and no go.

Get a lock up switch, then you can manually lock the converter when ever you want it.

2008 F-250 SCLB Larait.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

I should have been more specific. I was draining and re-filling my trans pan so i was holding the brake and fueling it to fill the clutch packs for a proper fluid level reading. I would put it in each gear and gas it. 1 and 2 were soft where as Drive really torqued the truck.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode