Torque went out this morning - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
lets get smoking

Send a message via AIM to dieseltec192008
Torque went out this morning

Well the torque coverter went out on me on my way to work this morning. So I need some help bad and fast. Where and what is the best torque for my 97 that's around 600$ and can hold up to hauling a bobcat up and down hills and I also plan on putting a set of 'stage 1 injectors in sometime. Please help me please it's my daily driver and the only thing I have to drive

97' f350 with tymar intake, glow shift gauges trans, pyro,60psi boost. may the list go on and on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 04:58 PM
PSN nerd

Re: Torque went out this morning

Racer X could set ya up with one there a sponsor, I bet some of the other sponsors have Stallions but I think there more than $600

Racer X has some TC's that are in that price range.

97 F250SC 4X4 4 LINKED ON AIR <- FOR SALE!!!!!!

00 F350CC 4x4 I NEED A FLATBED FOR IT!!!!! LET ME KNOW IF YALL KNOW ANYBODY THAT HAS ONE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 05:14 PM
Science rulz

Send a message via AIM to Coltaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseltec192008 View Post
Well the torque coverter went out on me on my way to work this morning. So I need some help bad and fast. Where and what is the best torque for my 97 that's around 600$ and can hold up to hauling a bobcat up and down hills and I also plan on putting a set of 'stage 1 injectors in sometime. Please help me please it's my daily driver and the only thing I have to drive
Racer X

There's another one that costs $750..

Racer X

The PI Stallion is usually at around $1000 and if you look at this site it's pretty much the greatest thing out there.

One of them truckless bastards.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 05:27 PM
Busted Knuckles

I agree with the PI stallion but at this point in the year it's going to be anything but fast to get to your door. I waited 7 weeks for my BTS that I ordered the beginning of may.

'97 Powerstroke SCLB:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak4life View Post
i have a couple friends that went balls deep in wyotech and when they got out they couldn't poor piss out of a boot if you put the directions on the sole
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 05:58 PM
PSN Local

Lightbulb Re: Torque went out this morning

If you're looking for a fast fix, I have a stock one out of a 97 that I'd be willing to sell.

It has around 25-30k on it.

I'll take 100 (+ shipping) for it.

Let me know if you're interested,..............
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 06:54 PM
PSN Veteran

If you spend big bucks on a TC, I would do it only on a fresh trans. When the trans goes, either you buy a new one or pay to have it cut apart and cleaned. Only way I know of is to cut it apart, clean it, weld it back and rebalance it. Cost me $400 last time I did it. Get a stock TC and be happy. When it breaks, you can buy the high dollar unit.

01 Excursion 7.3L Powerstroke. Gauges with AIH Delete, AIS, CCV Mod, 4' MBRP, BTS Trans, 6.0L Trans Cooler and Intercooler, DP-Tuner F5 chip, ITP In Tank Mod and Boost Annihilator, Diesel Innovation's Regulated Fuel kit, BTS Big Oil system, GTP38R Turbo with 1.15 A/R housing and BPD Stage II AC injectors. Bilstein Shocks with U front and A Rear.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode