Tell your BTS stories here. - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 03:27 AM Thread Starter
wheres the fat chicks?

Tell your BTS stories here.

I need to convince my dad to let me get a BTS trans before mine blows up while driving.please tell me all the stuff that has happened to you and your BTS trans,how Brian helped you out and his warranty.please no derailing this thread,i wuld just like some stories.thanks

2000 F-350 SD ccsb=185hp
Matt's Tunes=140hp
6637=20hp
2% window tint=25hp
4in straight pipe=50hp
Custom Fuel system w/ sump=50hp
Foil,AIH,EBPV delete=30hp
Wow...I'm making 500hp
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroke of luck View Post
i started sharting at an early age...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 05:22 AM
All done now

Re: Tell BTS Stories hear

One question only. Why do you need to get your Dad's permission to spend your money on your truck?

Early '99 F350 DRW, Excab, LB. Auto. 2WD, 2010 bed, 2005 headlights, 298K, on my way to 1000K.
H2E, 238 Hybrids, Adrenaline oil, Tuned by Tony. DIY Regulated Return.
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 05:28 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisley View Post
One question only. Why do you need to get your Dad's permission to spend your money on your truck?
I'll be willing to guess he is in the position I was once in with my truck.

I knew I was getting the truck as a graduation gift, I grew fond of diesel performance and online forums long before I graduated. I had the money and wanted to start modding knowing that the truck would eventually be mine.

When my dad still had the truck he wasn't to fond of me throwing chips gauges loud exhaust etc at it...kinda had to get his permission to do it..

That's my only guess??

99.5 F250, 4x4, Lariat, CC/SB, 4r100 Gauges, Intake, Exhaust, Lots of black/smoked parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltaine View Post
I ride solo, being able to converse with yourself is a skill that creeps up on you.
Black Ops 360
Gamertag; See Ya LATER 73

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 02:05 PM
Offical Puddle Displacer

Send a message via AIM to pstroke96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisley View Post
well im only 17 and i still live with him so everything i do has to be cleared through him

Refugee
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 03:08 PM
PSN Local

Well, Brian builds the transmission to your truck specs. He is more than willing to make sure it is done right. Several months after I put mine in the stater valve in my torque converter broke and he had a new converter on the way that day no charge. I know guys that had other various problems that were simple and he either talked them through how to fix it or sent the parts right out. In my opinion paying for a rebuilt regular transmission is not worth the time or money. I made that mistake and had to buy another transmission 3 years later. Big Mistake on my part.

2000 Ford F350 CC 4X4 Dually Slightly Modified, Not Too Much Though

If it wasn't for TRUCK SOURCE DIESEL in San Antonio, Tx this truck wouldn't perform the way it does today. Thanks Chris Alaniz and Chris Buhidar(owners).
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
wheres the fat chicks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myles_S View Post
I'll be willing to guess he is in the position I was once in with my truck.

I knew I was getting the truck as a graduation gift, I grew fond of diesel performance and online forums long before I graduated. I had the money and wanted to start modding knowing that the truck would eventually be mine.

When my dad still had the truck he wasn't to fond of me throwing chips gauges loud exhaust etc at it...kinda had to get his permission to do it..

That's my only guess??
^^^^pretty much.i paid half for it and he took care of the other half for my birthday.its not so much that he wont let me get one,he just wants my stock trans to break first

2000 F-350 SD ccsb=185hp
Matt's Tunes=140hp
6637=20hp
2% window tint=25hp
4in straight pipe=50hp
Wow...I'm making 500hp
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 05:50 PM
DI POWER

TQ converter went in my bts after 7yrs 60k on it, Brian replaced it for no $$. I just payed shipping cost. Thats service.

01 250 sc xlt -" Forged Rods," Full Force 238/100s inj, Reg kit, Big fuel,DP F5 tunes, ATS BB turbo, ARP Headstuds, Com 910s, DI Pushrods, IDM mod, AFE Stage 2, TE2 HPOP R-IPR, BTS Trans, 6.0 intercooler, Fluidampr, HX, Cool max trans cooler, 4''exhaust & MORE.
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 06:02 PM
Bigfoot is an OBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerstrokeR00 View Post
^^^^pretty much.i paid half for it and he took care of the other half for my birthday.its not so much that he wont let me get one,he just wants my stock trans to break first
Your dad's a smart guy.

Without larger injectors, there's really no reason to rebuild the transmission, much less upgrade the transmission, unless it's already broke. Or, you know it very soon will be.
With good tuning, good cooling, and regular filter & fluid changes, you'll be good for quite a while. Put a BTS valve body in it if you really want to work on the transmission. It'll firm up the shifts a bit, extending the clutch life.

For me, I ran for quite a while on the stock transmission with injectors and tuning before I had Brian rebuild it.
Having seen the condition mine was in, it is truly amazing how worn out it can be before it finally quite.
My friction discs had huge chunks of material missing. The steel discs were warped so badly you could wobble them on the table when you tried to lay them flat. On the way there the trans temp was consistently 120 deg F, OVER AMBIENT!!!!! And ambient on that day was 110 deg F. Brian was amazed I made it with the temps running that high.
Even with the missing friction material, if the coolers had not been plugged, I probably could have gotten another 5-10k out of it as it was.

Go ARMY!
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010, 02:54 AM Thread Starter
wheres the fat chicks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy_dan View Post
Your dad's a smart guy.

Without larger injectors, there's really no reason to rebuild the transmission, much less upgrade the transmission, unless it's already broke. Or, you know it very soon will be.
With good tuning, good cooling, and regular filter & fluid changes, you'll be good for quite a while. Put a BTS valve body in it if you really want to work on the transmission. It'll firm up the shifts a bit, extending the clutch life.

For me, I ran for quite a while on the stock transmission with injectors and tuning before I had Brian rebuild it.
Having seen the condition mine was in, it is truly amazing how worn out it can be before it finally quite.
My friction discs had huge chunks of material missing. The steel discs were warped so badly you could wobble them on the table when you tried to lay them flat. On the way there the trans temp was consistently 120 deg F, OVER AMBIENT!!!!! And ambient on that day was 110 deg F. Brian was amazed I made it with the temps running that high.
Even with the missing friction material, if the coolers had not been plugged, I probably could have gotten another 5-10k out of it as it was.
your not helping

2000 F-350 SD ccsb=185hp
Matt's Tunes=140hp
6637=20hp
2% window tint=25hp
4in straight pipe=50hp
Wow...I'm making 500hp

Quote:
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 10:10 PM
Wannabe

Re: Tell you BTS stories here.

Sure he is. He's saving you or your Dad $4000+ that you do not NEED to spend. My truck has been chipped for over 8 years and 1 year with injectors and more with only minor valve body mods. I plan to do a BTS next year if funds allow.

Listen to those trying to save you money.

2001 F250 CrewCab mild mods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode