cooler - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 04:25 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

cooler

Thinking about upgrading or adding to the orig trans cooler on my E99. Any suggestions? E99 does not go through the radiator. On the open hwy it's ok. In stop & go when it's 110-115* it warms up a little.

Glen
early99 f350 cc, lb, 2wd, drw, A pillar autometer guages, CTS monitor, AIS intake, 4" turbo back cat delete diamondeye exhaust, dptuner, pmt1, jw vb, Swamps ab inj, Adrenaline oil, Coolingmist, 180*T, Trucool cooler, spin on trans filter, Firestone air bags, 2" frt leveling kit, now chased by a 34' toyhauler
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 08:24 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: cooler

I believe someone posted a samll trans cooler that also had an electric fan on it.

02 f250
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 12:10 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

I have seen that one. It's a little more $$$ than this new F550 I'm looking at.

Glen
early99 f350 cc, lb, 2wd, drw, A pillar autometer guages, CTS monitor, AIS intake, 4" turbo back cat delete diamondeye exhaust, dptuner, pmt1, jw vb, Swamps ab inj, Adrenaline oil, Coolingmist, 180*T, Trucool cooler, spin on trans filter, Firestone air bags, 2" frt leveling kit, now chased by a 34' toyhauler
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 12:21 AM
Busted Knuckles

Trucool max is an add on for your cooler that is a very nice cooler. Sells for 120 bones on dieselsite!

'97 Powerstroke SCLB:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak4life View Post
i have a couple friends that went balls deep in wyotech and when they got out they couldn't poor piss out of a boot if you put the directions on the sole
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 02:25 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Thanks for the info guys.

Glen
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 01:33 PM
PSN Local

I had a hayden trucool on my last truck. It helped some but temps were still up around 200* on a hot day, and get closer to 210 when I had to kick out of OD.

I put a cooler for a 6.0 liter on the 550. It is far superior. I've never seen it get over 180, and my engine is running 2500 to 2700 RPM with the 4.88 gears.

09 F450 6.4 PSD 5r110 4x4, H&S XRT Pro, Edge CTS Insight
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 06:43 PM
riverjet

Dieselsites tru -cool works well when stacked with stock cooler. Mine went from 180 deg to 150 max summer time temps.

2001 f250 xlt reg cab 4x4,7.3 stock injectors,water/meth,ITP rr,walbro,5/8 pu,BD/MANN ccv,DP F5,OILGUARD,stock turbo,WW,ATS,1.0 exh.housing,high flow outlet,MBRP4",Billet 3-disk,built trans,Billsteins,11 ISSPRO PERFORMAX gauges,Scan gauge,08 rear cover,350 blocks,x-springs,AFE stg2/pg7,P265/75r16 NITTO Terragrapplers.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 03:54 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

I ordered the trucool from dieselsite, it should do the job.

Glen
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 06:05 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

I got the trucool on today. Mounted it behind the cond just above the fact ota cooler stacked with it and it lowered temps about 30*. I'm happy.

Glen
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010, 10:13 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Took the toyhauler & buggie to the mtns on fri am. It was cool on the way up but was hot today on the return trip. Pulling 13k trailer up 6% pulls trans temp never quite reached 180. When I got home around noon it was 104* on my patio. That cooler works really well.

Glen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode