Slave cyclinder/pushrod install ZF5 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Slave cyclinder/pushrod install ZF5

I replaced my flywheel and clutch, got the tranny, driveshaft and starter back in. I just can't get the pushrod in on the slave cylinder to stay in long enough to install it between the mounting bracket and clutch fork..... GRRRRRGH!! Anybody have any suggestions?? '95 F350 7.3L psd ZF5 TIA!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 02:45 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Slave cyclinder/pushrod install ZF5

I used a pullback ram with my porta-power to draw the clutch fork back.

'94 F250 supercab 4x4, original owner, 4.10LS, DIY elec fuel, Tymar air, Beans tunes on VA 4 position chip, Adrenaline HPOP, VDO boost/pyro/outside temp gauges, Ford digital AIC, DPPI downpipe, gutted EBPV, modded turbo ped, Con OFE, add-a-leafs front/rear, Monroe Reflex shocks, Milemarker 449SS hubs...coming soon: 6.0 IC...wish list: Stage 2's
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 02:50 PM
OverFuelingForYourPlesure

i ususaly just push it up against the fork at an angle to get the rod back in the slave cylinder then just snap it on the transmission as I go up.

I guess you could break the bleeder loose to make it easier but then you would have to bleed it again.

Ross
2.6 modified street pulling truck "The Lone Stroke
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-1996 f350, stock bottom end! swamps 400/400% injectors, swamps BFH turbo, swamps IDM, Swamps tunes, BTS oil, springs, studs, tubes, fuel system, water to air cooler, and much more...

-97 f350 4x4 CCLB tow rig

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 03:37 PM
<---new toy

What happened to the plastic holder?

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

I got it! used ratchet strap. Thanks PSN for all help throughout the process! We have succeeded! New single mass flywheel and clutch kit and rebuilt ZF5! I'm lovin' it! The ol'e horse is back on the road!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode