6speed issue - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

6speed issue

intermittenly feels like the clutch is not engaging fully hard to shift, truck creeps forward while clutch if fully depressed. but to resolve the issue u just need to remove the clutch fluid resovoir and replace it back on then its back to normal until the next time u shut it off. then this morning i have fluid leaking from the bolted on cover on the side of the tranny "inspection cover"?. need some help guys dont knwo much about these
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 03:54 PM
<--before leveler & block

Re: 6speed issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddracing View Post
intermittenly feels like the clutch is not engaging fully hard to shift, truck creeps forward while clutch if fully depressed.
My buddy is having this exact problem on his OBS but hasn't tried the resirvoir thing. He believes its the throw out bearing thats going out

2000 7.3 F-250 4x4 CC/SB Lariat 6-speed, 2.5" leveler and F350 block, Swamps 200/30% injectors, Swamps tunes, GTP-38R, Valair: kevlar/ceramic clutch, 4inch exhaust, AFE stage 2,
DFA-regulated return, pre-pump mods, Isspro boost and pyro, scan gauge, ~420hp and 836tq
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

clutch and throw out is newer from what previous owner told me... and the clutch grabs strong close to the floor so leads me to believe its good. i was leaning towards the clutch master cylander.
but now i see red trans fluid leaking from the 6 bolt cover on the driver side of the trans. so now my question is there supposed to fluid behind that cover or is there a bad seal allowing fluid to get that far forward

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 04:24 PM
<--before leveler & block

Not sure which cover you are talking about. I will have to take a look at my truck when i get a chance. Maybe try pumping the clutch a few times before putting it in gear to see if it is any easier to do so. If so then i would say that you have a slave cylinder issue

2000 7.3 F-250 4x4 CC/SB Lariat 6-speed, 2.5" leveler and F350 block, Swamps 200/30% injectors, Swamps tunes, GTP-38R, Valair: kevlar/ceramic clutch, 4inch exhaust, AFE stage 2,
DFA-regulated return, pre-pump mods, Isspro boost and pyro, scan gauge, ~420hp and 836tq
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

tried pumping with no help. im leaning towards the master cylinder, because there is no fluid loss or poor pedal feel that you would normally experience with a slave cyl. failure. the tranny leaking appears be an unrelated issue that its red trans fluid leaking just need to find out if its just the cover leaking or thats supposed to be a dry cavity and its leaking internally
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 05:17 PM
Canadian Stroker

The cover on the side of the tranny is for a PTO. There is susposte to be fluid behind it. You have to drain it and pull the cover and reseal it. It sounds like your clutch master and slave going. Mine was hard to ger into third when driving cause it wasnt relaesing all the way. You can get a pre bled kit from your local parts store. It called a pre bled master kit. No bleeding just twist and remove your old ones and twist and lock in the new ones.

2002 XLT CC LB 6speed SRW
4"mbrp turbo back
S&B Intake
autometer NV boost,pyro,water temp and oil pressure
WW2,BRV
DP tunes - QI,60E,80E,40T,60T,100,120.
EBPV delete sensor.
blank pedestal and EBPV housing
ATS turbo housing
DI up-pipes.
2007 headlights,2008 taillights,2010 tailgate
17"Atx ledge with Dick Cepek Extreme Country
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 04:33 PM
PSN Local

mine did the same thing...ended up that the cylinder went out...check for leak around the cylinder

99 F-250 w/ 6spd manual Dp-tuner, mbrp exhaust, air intake, south bend dual disc clutch, boost fooler
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 12:58 PM
The Fireman

Send a message via AIM to big_stroker Send a message via Yahoo to big_stroker

Order the pre-bled master slave kit from ford and your problem will go away.

1999.5 F-250 7.3l 4x4 6 spd Ported Heads, Head studs, valve springs, DI Push Rods, DI RR, 38R, Walbro fuel pump, 238cc Injectors from Nate @ Unlimited Diesel and Tuned by Matt @ Gearhead Automotive

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 01:01 PM
PSN Local

99 F-250 w/ 6spd manual Dp-tuner, mbrp exhaust, air intake, south bend dual disc clutch, boost fooler
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010, 03:43 AM
PSN Newb

Have you thought about checking where the master rod connects to the pedal arm under the dash?
The bushing wears out and hole becomes oblonged and the stud that goes in the rod wears to the point it will break off if used long enough.
This is the most common wear area in the 99 superduty clutch linkage.
It does not take much, it was the problem on mine.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode