Powertrain control solutions problem - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
PSD

Powertrain control solutions problem

Well its probaly a long shot. maybe some one here will know. Im using a powertrain control solution TCM 2000 to controll my computer for my E4OD.
my problem is the truck will not start in 1st...

I put the truck into D. It feels like it takes off in 3rd.(really slow off the line. Lots of gas petal is required to get it moving)
I put the truck into 1st. It feels like it takes off in 2nd.
I put the truck into 2nd. It feels like it takes off in 2nd.

anyone have any ideas on what to adjust in the computer? I been going back and fourth with the people at powertrain control solutions but they are slow at getting responces back.

1996 crew cab long box. 3.73s, auto 493/1135 stockish auto trans.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 08:51 PM
Captain Negativity!

Send a message via AIM to PSDPlayer
Re: Powertrain control solutions problem

Are you sure you have power down to the unit. It will start off in OD if there is no power to the solenoids.

Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone:954-275-6801 Leave me a message. I can't always answer.
05 CC LB DRW Lariat 4x2 Dropped 3/6.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 11:25 PM
Demon Dually

Send a message via AIM to speeddemon31176 Send a message via Yahoo to speeddemon31176

The solenoid pack needs to be powered in order for it to operate correctly. there are two pins on the connector that need to be powered.

97 F-350 XLT CC DRW 4X4 PSD, 285/75-16 Custom bumpers, Gauges-boost/egt/trans, Swamps IDM, 3.5"dp- 4" exh., 3" Body lift, ES bushings/mounts, Built trans, billet conv, B&M pan, Hayden cooler, Adrenaline, stage 2's, IC, H2E, E-fuel
ARP's, 910's, Smith Bros. to come

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 01:42 AM Thread Starter
PSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSDPlayer View Post
Are you sure you have power down to the unit. It will start off in OD if there is no power to the solenoids.
What do you mean by power down?

All I did was wire in the one 12v+ key on that is from the tcm harness. isnt that all that is needed

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 03:52 AM
Do you smell something?

you have a wiring issue.... either your range sensor on the side of the trans is bad(or misaligned) Or not plugged in right....

Or your plug on the side of the trans is not hooked in correctly...

OR something else, it is something DEF electrical..... go back to your wiring diagrams and make sure everything is correct.....

As they said your solenoids are not getting power.. you can also go to online mode, and go into the communications tab, then go to test mode, click on true manual mode... the truck will stay in first (if wired correctly) and ONLY shift when you hit the "shift" buttons.....on edit, set the TPS in test mode to 50% if you do this.... that will tell you if your TPS is reading ....or you can go online with the monitor and make sure the TPS has voltage...

ALSO YOU DID hook up the TPS wire right :)
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 06:09 AM
Demon Dually

Send a message via AIM to speeddemon31176 Send a message via Yahoo to speeddemon31176

By power down he means did you supply power(12 volts) to the transmission connector(solenoid pack). I am not familiar with the unit you are using but you stated that you hooked up the one wire 12 volt+. What did you connect it to? There are two pins on the transmiission connector that need to be 12 volt + key on. Without both of them being powered it won't operate.

97 F-350 XLT CC DRW 4X4 PSD, 285/75-16 Custom bumpers, Gauges-boost/egt/trans, Swamps IDM, 3.5"dp- 4" exh., 3" Body lift, ES bushings/mounts, Built trans, billet conv, B&M pan, Hayden cooler, Adrenaline, stage 2's, IC, H2E, E-fuel
ARP's, 910's, Smith Bros. to come
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 02:17 PM
Do you smell something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeddemon31176 View Post
By power down he means did you supply power(12 volts) to the transmission connector(solenoid pack). I am not familiar with the unit you are using but you stated that you hooked up the one wire 12 volt+. What did you connect it to? There are two pins on the transmiission connector that need to be 12 volt + key on. Without both of them being powered it won't operate.
The power is supplied through the PCS....

However he makes a good point.... Is your 12v source not hot in run?
Maybe it is hart in Start, and not in Run....
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
PSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wackerjr View Post
The power is supplied through the PCS....

However he makes a good point.... Is your 12v source not hot in run?
Maybe it is hart in Start, and not in Run....
the power is 12v key on, im pritty sure its getting power because when i turn the key to on and hook up the tcm to the lap top, the tcm shows being online. But the wire I hooked the TCM upto for 12v+key on source is also being used for other electrical 12v key on source... Maybe ill try a new 12v+ key on source.

the range sensor is new from ford and seems to be working.... i put the truck into Park and on the computer monitor it shows it being in park, I put in reverse it shows it in reverse and same with all the other gears.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 09:26 PM
Do you smell something?

ok if it is reading in online mode then the range sensor is good....

Make sure that the grey plug on the pass side is connected, then go into the test mode as stated before and see if it shifts....
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 12:05 AM Thread Starter
PSD

Alrighty ill try doing the true manual mode. and double check the connection on the passenger side

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode