Who to install my BTS? PA/NJ/DE area - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Who to install my BTS? PA/NJ/DE area

Stock trans is starting to slip on 2/3 shift. Tranny gauge shows it's heating up. OD light started to blink. I'm babying it until my BTS build date at the end of the month.

My question to you is, can you recommend a shop near me to R&R my trans? I'm in SE PA, about 5 min from the DE state line. I called one place already, and they quoted me $525 for the R&R and trans cooler swap (I'm plannning to upgrade to the 6.0 cooler).

Thx,

Eric.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 06:53 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Who to install my BTS? PA/NJ/DE area

you can always check with bts to see if they have a dealer close to you.

1997 f250 4x4 sclb, auto, 3.55's, 191k, diy intake w 6637, ccv mod, pyro, boost, trans gauges, 3" dp to 4" single exh. super chips for now. scangauge
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc753 View Post
Besides there is absolutely no way to idiot proof something, since they are always coming out with better idiots by the day
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 06:56 PM
<< Very Soon

Innovative diesel is right in Elkton MD don't know how much help that is.. I could help if you like I'm right in Newark

You can't have everything....where would you put it?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

250/173 Injectors
TS Chip with TW tunes
4 inch smoker
38R
AFE intake
etc
etc

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 08:04 PM
Back in Black

Im in Carroll County Maryland, Ive pulled my trans bout a dozon times do far. BTS is the ####tttt!

2009 F-250 ccsb black/black

Lowered 4400lb spring, 20x10 MM962, Nitto 420, traction bars, 5" exhaust 7" MBRP black stack, SCT - Innovative tunes, IDP cold side IC pipe, MPD trans. Blacked outtttt
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 08:10 PM
got fuel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroken View Post
Im in Carroll County Maryland, Ive pulled my trans bout a dozon times do far. BTS is the ####tttt!
Heard the times you ran nos?

97 250/95 motor, 400/300's, ts, swamps tuning,gen3, s475, Intercooled, h11 studs,a1000, built tranny. 3.55's, 237,xxx miles fastest non reg. cab obs [email protected] fuel

94 explorer. dd
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 08:11 PM
Back in Black

Fuel only

2009 F-250 ccsb black/black

Lowered 4400lb spring, 20x10 MM962, Nitto 420, traction bars, 5" exhaust 7" MBRP black stack, SCT - Innovative tunes, IDP cold side IC pipe, MPD trans. Blacked outtttt
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 09:15 PM
PSN Local

I'm in the Bear/Newark area and would be willing to lend a hand if need be. Only pulled trans on up armored hmmwv's, but I'd like to learn and give an extra set of hands. PM me for my number if you decide you wanna do it yourself.

Chris

2002 F-250 with the basic mods
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Waiting to hear back from BTS to see if they have someone to recommend. I imagine they're pretty busy, so I'm not really expecting a call back until build time.

Don;t know much about Innovative diesel, but they are probably 45 min away. Anyone use them for a trans?

I sincerely appreciate offers to help me do it, but due to lack of space/tools/skills/time, probably won't do the swap myself, so going to a shop instead. Plus, the truck's my DD, so can't afford to be down for long. I'm always pleasantly surprised at how quickly folks on this site will jump in and offer unsolicited help. Wish the rest of the world worked this way...I'd think about taking some of you guys up on it just to drool over your rigs,as some of you guys are running some nice setups that I'd eventually like to migrate to.

Onwards.

Eric.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 09:42 PM
Lovin Life...

PM Marty He does work on the side, and they have swapping a tranny down to a science. He's in Elkton, MD.

02-350. CCSB - Drivetrain by Stauffer, fuel by Swamps, air by Barder, tunes by Gearhead.
04-250. ECSB - In the shop...7.3 swap.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 11:56 PM
PSN Veteran

If you can make it up state college way, we can use my garage, and should have it done in a couple of hours. Couple cases of beer should for afterwards should work well as payment. On the weekend.

DRW and tow fast parts.......

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode