P1780 DTC - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 12:45 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

P1780 DTC

I HAVE REVIEWED LOTS OF POST HERE BUT THIS IS MY FIRST QUESTION.
i HAVE A 06 f350 CC DWR 6.0. I'M GETTING A P1780 DTC. NOT SURE ITS GOING INTO O/D AT ALL ITS RUNNING ABOUT 22 RPM AT 65MPH.I KNOW THE DTC IS tcs circuit Out of self Test Range BUT WERE DO I START. REFLASH? BOUGHT A SUPERCHIPS COREX LAST YEAR FOR TOWING AND THIS STARTED AFTER I WENT BACK TO THE STOCK PROGRAM.....THANKS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 06:00 AM
Former Ford Trans Engr.

Re: P1780 DTC

When you run self test are you pressing the Tow/Haul button? If not that will set a P1780.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 03:14 AM
PSN Newb

I have the same issue as ddjaxn I believe and I do press the button.

I also have the wrench light appears on highway trips every 12-15 miles (traveling at about 65mph). I say that because the light goes out when I restart the engine and takes that long to come back on again. Also it would appear that everything works fine while driving...I don't lose the turbo power...no surging...just ordinary operation.

Although it did work fine on the highway during a rain storm...including no wrench light. Hope this helps someone figure the problem!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 03:17 AM
Former Ford Trans Engr.

Yours is also setting a P1780? Is it also setting any other codes? If you don't have the codes there is no way to determine what's wrong. The places that read codes free don't have the right tools to read the codes in your truck.

Mark
Former Ford Automatic Transmission Engineer

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 08:13 PM
PSN Newb

I'm not sure what my reader will pick up it's a 3110e CanODB2 reader...the only code I see is the P1780 and like I say the wrench light. My mileage does drop about 3-5 mpg, so it seems that it's not in overdrive but the revs are only like 1800-2000 rpm.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 01:29 AM
PSN Newb

Sorry noticed that I didn't say that that mileage and those revs were at about 65 MPH.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 02:32 PM
PSN Newb

So I thought i'd give you the final outcome for my version of the "Wrench Light" and P1780...as with most people who come in asking about these, it turns out to be Oil Cooler followed by EGR and EGR Cooler. You'd think with what appears to be hunders of people having this issue that they would need to solve the issue and do a recall. I guess different industries are held to different standards!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2013, 12:52 AM
PSN Newb

I have the same problem, it just started today. I had water in fuel system come on a couple of weeks ago, drained and reset. this happened twice, I thought it was bad fuel, But know I have the wrench light on, tranny fluid smells burnt and I have reduced power. And trans code P1780. Can anybody help as I do have an appointment with dealer tomorrow

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in