Trans - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 06:15 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Trans

Hey guys just wanted to see if I could get some help or ideas! My 97 F-350 PSD is havin' trans trouble now! I took it to a local shop for them to check it and they had it for a month, the trans was goin' to cost me $2,600.00(reman). But the trans was never shiped so I went to get it today, get my $ back and the guy at the shop told me it wouldn't stay running! The wiring harness to the injector is shorting out! My question is can I get a trans for less $ or should I go all out?! I own a small landscape company and I pull everything with the truck, should I go all out or stay on the lower side of $?! Any thoughts on where I can get one? I really want a brand new one but I'm short on $ right now (guess I'll stick with a reman)! I had to drive the truck home after I got it to run. But half way home the injector harness started acting up again. Should I drive it to another shop or have it towed? I just don't want anything else to happen to it!! Any help you can give I will be greatful for it! Thanks

97 F350 Crew 4X4 145k 3"Dp 6" side exhaust with edge programmer backin' it up, intercooler,intake,and pushin' 325 +/- @ rear! 99 F250 2wd 97k X-cab Banks Bundle, 3" Dp W/ 4" to a 5" tip 96 F250 Reg Cab 4X4 102k 351w 6" lift 36X13.50X20 Interco IROKS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 06:42 AM
I Just Break Stuff

Re: Trans

Man if that harness is shorting out I wouldn't drive it anywhere.If I were a little tight with cash, I would try to call one of those big tranny reman places myself. Put one in myself. Cut out the middle man. Not to try and skrew a local shop or anything. If your funds are limited, they're limited. Been there man.

06 f250 cc Lariat
4 inch Turbo Back
EGR Delete by FCDP
SCT w/Gearhead tunes
Lowered 3 Inches
ARPs
Barder stage 3
Warren Diesel 190/100s
Fluidampr
No Limit intake
Full billet Tranny
6.4 Banjos
AD II
CTS Monitor
GS Elite Gauges
Zex Nitrous
IPR Oil Cooler Relocation kit
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 02:46 PM
PSN Veteran

I have a jasper remaned trans in my truck and with new TC and tow fees and parts and labor came in at just around $1,800, so yes you can get one cheaper but then again you get what ya pay for. If I were you I would get a new UVCH's for both sides, with the trans I would get a jasper remaned and install a shift kit and 6.0 TC and trans cooler. also I would ditch that edge programmer.... I bet it isnt helping your trans one bit...... go with a chip with custom tunes.

02 f250

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Thanks Guys, yall are alot of help! I'm having it towed to a local shop tom. and their goin' to take a look! I kind of think that the other shop that I took it to, didn't know their a's from a hole in the ground anyway! They didn't know if it was the injector hardness or my CPS! The trans deal was way over their heads anyway! It took them a month to order the trans and it never showed! But he told me the problem was my CPS and I have replaced it twice now! (I know they go out alot) The CPS was not even lettin' the truck turn over, I don't think that the problem but I guess I'll make it a thrid time! The hardness or the solenoid was smoking! I just hope it's not burnt my injector!! Thanks again there Guys!!! SEABASS

97 F350 Crew 4X4 145k 3"Dp 6" side exhaust with edge programmer backin' it up, intercooler,intake,and pushin' 325 +/- @ rear! 99 F250 2wd 97k X-cab Banks Bundle, 3" Dp W/ 4" to a 5" tip 96 F250 Reg Cab 4X4 102k 351w 6" lift 36X13.50X20 Interco IROKS
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 07:37 PM
PSN Veteran

How long do you plan to keep this truck?

Planning to sell it ASAP, get something like Jasper or Aamco since the buyer won't pay more for anything exotic.

Planning to keep it for a couple of years, get a Ford Reman

Planning to drive it into the ground, BTS.

01 Excursion 7.3L Powerstroke. Gauges with AIH Delete, AIS, CCV Mod, 4' MBRP, BTS Trans, 6.0L Trans Cooler and Intercooler, DP-Tuner F5 chip, ITP In Tank Mod and Boost Annihilator, Diesel Innovation's Regulated Fuel kit, BTS Big Oil system, GTP38R Turbo with 1.15 A/R housing and BPD Stage II AC injectors. Bilstein Shocks with U front and A Rear.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode