5r warrenty ford is gay - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 12:30 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

5r warrenty ford is gay

well at 73000 my tranny died is a big way fard says the only way they will replace it is if i suply a recipt for fluid (sp) in the 50000km area, not to thrilled as i am at work 400km's from home and the truck is now 500km's from home. it sucks being stuck in a little town in northern bc with no way to get home or to the truck that will not move, lame. guess i am just ranting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 12:36 AM

Re: 5r warrenty ford is gay

I think all manufacturers are looking for ways to get out of supporting their warranties. Just tell them you did the service yourself.

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 12:45 AM
Super Hauler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsRumors View Post
I think all manufacturers are looking for ways to get out of supporting their warranties. Just tell them you did the service yourself.

Dont tell them that they WILL NOT warranty it! They need proof it was done with right fluid and filter change, been there done that!

08 F-250 CCSB king ranch erics tunes livewire
1985 Peterbilt 359 Big cam III Tuned up a little
Quote:
Originally Posted by prheitz View Post
I change my HPOP oil, the oil does circulate with the regular oil, it doesn't cycle as often and does get dirty sooner.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 03:26 AM
What else?

Send a message via AIM to smokyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsRumors View Post
If it has not been serviced at the required intervals, I do not see it as Ford trying to get out of anything.

It's like the 6.0 guys that change their oil every 10-15k miles and then complain because Ford won't warranty their trashed injectors.

Dave

ON EDIT: I looked at your only other post here, and it says you're running the insanity tune from Elite. I don't know how you can expect Ford to warranty your trans when you're running that tune. Last I knew, Elite did not recommend a stock trans with that tune?

'08 F250 6.4/Torqshift Spartan 310EL, Flo-Pro 4", White_monster air intake, RCD 4-link, RS9000's 584/1330
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Taking a break from trucks to play with guns!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 07:34 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

it has been serviced and i did do it myself, says right in the manual you can do it. the issue is i am so far from home how the f do i get anything to them can they really hold me to it so far from home? do you carry your records with you on vacation? might be the tune but it is not used to go racing it does get 19 - 20 mpg on the highway like that stock is 14-16. all the truck does is run down the highway empty at 110km/h
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 07:41 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

i think the issue is a result of the previous owner 39.5 foot toy hauler for 35000 km's. the guy i retired and drives all over north america, i thought the tranny would be good. any one else killed one i cannot find to much info exept for the snapring issue on the 05's
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 07:46 AM
PSN Local

If you do the oil change yourself, even if you have reciepts for the oil and filter how do you prove it was done before 50,000 km?

I wonder if you can get a shop to reprint a reciept and fax it to you. Hint hint...

00 F350
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

yell that would be nice haha
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 10:54 PM
What else?

Send a message via AIM to smokyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by tavis43 View Post
i think the issue is a result of the previous owner 39.5 foot toy hauler for 35000 km's. the guy i retired and drives all over north america, i thought the tranny would be good. any one else killed one i cannot find to much info exept for the snapring issue on the 05's
The snapring issue was for the 03-04's only as I recall, I could be wrong on that though.

A 40 foot toyhauler is not that heavy. The farmers around here gross 30-35k+ on a regular basis hauling round bales, and they have no problems with the tranny.

They most likely want to see receipts because of the amount of guys modding their trucks and trying to get something they break warrantied.

If they can see that you've modded your truck that will also make them skittish to warranty it, even if you've never put it to the wood.

Dave

'08 F250 6.4/Torqshift Spartan 310EL, Flo-Pro 4", White_monster air intake, RCD 4-link, RS9000's 584/1330

Taking a break from trucks to play with guns!

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 03:53 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

well i had all my service records from myself and the previous owner faxxed in, to the dealer, like 120 pages haha. now they have the tranny out on the bench and cannot decide on a cause, the pump is toast the torque converter is done and so are all the clutches so i find out in the morning what ford will do. oh and did you know for will not put in a new tranny? just one that they rebuilt.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode