E4OD Shifting issue when wet. - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 01:59 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Garage
E4OD Shifting issue when wet.

So let me start with giving you some info, I have a 96 F250 with over 300k, the trans has been built and I have no issue with it at all normally, it shifts great all the time and doesn't get hot. Here in AZ we have had some pretty substantial rain fall (for us at least) in the last week. My wife took the truck out a few days ago and called me saying it didn't want to shift after she had gone though a puddle (she was right down the street so I told her to take it home). That night when I got home from work I took the truck out all was fine, truck shifted like always. Fast forward to today and I got to experience this same phenomena. I went through a puddle then the truck was acting like the the TC was locking and unlocking. Any speed above 35 made the truck buck and act like it was hard shifting up and down and caused the truck to buck. Torque pro was showing that I was bouncing from 4th to 2nd. I babied it home and took it out a few hours later and all was good. I'm guessing something is getting wet and shorting out. I'm not getting any OD light or CEL. My question is where is the best place to start? MPLS? The wiring looked OK, but I only took a quick look. Thank you for the help.

XLT CCSB, 4x4, 3" Downpipe, 4" Exhaust (with CAT delete), 140V IDM Mod, TS6 Position Chip, K&N, Transmission built by State to state transmission in AZ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode