RPM Jump with no change in speed - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-06-2018, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Garage
RPM Jump with no change in speed

When doing normal driving engine jumps about 500RPM after initial shift to 2, 3, and 4 without changing power to the road. If I get into the throttle it settles back into the gear at a normal RPM, but jumps right back when I let off. Replaced the transmission with a Ford reman from the dealership after finding a lot of metal in the pan during a fluid change. I expected this to clear up with the new transmission, but all that changed is the shifting got smoother. I'm guessing that makes this an electrical issue, but I'm not sure the best path to take next.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-09-2018, 02:51 PM
PSN Local

Re: RPM Jump with no change in speed

What you are describing is the torque converter lockup engaging and disengaging, the computer commands it to apply and various things can cause it to disengage, foot on the brake for example, engine temp, etc, it sounds like its working as designed, but you might check into whether or not there is any updated software for your year model as it relates to transmission operation, sometimes the factory had software updates to address certain issues related to shifting.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode