Dern TC Lockup Switch!! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 12:25 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Dern TC Lockup Switch!!

Ok when it comes to installing hard parts theres not much i cant do. Give me a wiring job and im a total hack.

At first i was messing around with the plug on the drivers side of the tranny. No luck. After searching vigurously through the forum ive concluded that you have to tap into the wire coming out of the PCM, correct?

How the hell do you do that? Do you have to pull the back side of the PCM? Im so frustrated with this SIMPLE project im ready to just call it quits and quit being a cheap ass and buy a chip.

If anyone happened to take pics of the process that would be great.

Please excuse my ignorance

99.5 F250, 4x4, Lariat, CC/SB, 4r100 Gauges, Intake, Exhaust, Lots of black/smoked parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltaine View Post
I ride solo, being able to converse with yourself is a skill that creeps up on you.
Black Ops 360
Gamertag; See Ya LATER 73
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 12:39 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: Dern TC Lockup Switch!!

I found the wire under the truck... its under a loom. I just tapped into it and grounded it out to be positive. Its really simple.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 12:52 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by theSLEEPER View Post
I found the wire under the truck... its under a loom. I just tapped into it and grounded it out to be positive. Its really simple.
See that's the thing. I think it so simple I'm just over doing it. What do you mean by tapping into? I pulled the plug off the driver side of tranny and did it like the icp mod and grounded it to the frame. The OD light would blink if I flipped it but the truck would never die. Shouldn't it if the tc locks up?

99.5 F250, 4x4, Lariat, CC/SB, 4r100 Gauges, Intake, Exhaust, Lots of black/smoked parts
Quote:
I ride solo, being able to converse with yourself is a skill that creeps up on you.
Black Ops 360

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 12:55 AM
PSN Veteran

Were you in drive?
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 01:01 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Yes. Even allowed the truck to move forward what I could. Was in a shop, not much room.

Nothing happened. OD just kept blinking. Only way to make it stop was kill the truck. Do I have the right method of wiring going on?

Quote:
Black Ops 360
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 02:18 AM
What else?

Send a message via AIM to smokyred

Hook into the wire on the driver's side fender liner, it's in one of the 3 connectors coming up from underneath. That is how I did it on my buddies' 2000.

I'm pretty sure the proper way to do it is on Guzzle's page. I think that's where the directions I used were.

Dave

'08 F250 6.4/Torqshift Spartan 310EL, Flo-Pro 4", White_monster air intake, RCD 4-link, RS9000's 584/1330
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Taking a break from trucks to play with guns!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 01:07 PM
The Fireman

Send a message via AIM to big_stroker Send a message via Yahoo to big_stroker

The way i did it was I cut the wire completely on the drivers side finder and brought it into the cab and put it on a DPDT switch. This way the PCM still had control of it when it was off and I had control of it when i turned it on. Also I never got the OD blinking with the way i did it. I also at one time had a light that would light up when the PCM told it to lock and another light for when i had it manually locked.

Here is my diagram

1999.5 F-250 7.3l 4x4 6 spd Ported Heads, Head studs, valve springs, DI Push Rods, DI RR, 38R, Walbro fuel pump, 238cc Injectors from Nate @ Unlimited Diesel and Tuned by Matt @ Gearhead Automotive

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

I don't want to cut anything. Am I supposed to pull that grey connecter apart and stick a wire in the #6 hole and plug it back together then run a ground and run to a switch?

Or just peel back some of the coating and wrap the wire around the correct wire and ground that out?

Quote:
Black Ops 360
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 06:11 PM
The Fireman

Send a message via AIM to big_stroker Send a message via Yahoo to big_stroker

If you just splice into the wire then the OD light will come on every time.

Remember it is a ground wire. So you are to ground it to lock up the TC

1999.5 F-250 7.3l 4x4 6 spd Ported Heads, Head studs, valve springs, DI Push Rods, DI RR, 38R, Walbro fuel pump, 238cc Injectors from Nate @ Unlimited Diesel and Tuned by Matt @ Gearhead Automotive

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Well theres some underlying problem with my truck then. Every way ive tried doesnt do anything

The closest ive got to anything happening was having the OD light blink when i had the wire plugged inside the plug on the drivers side of the tranny

Quote:
Black Ops 360

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode