Tranny rebuilt questions - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-27-2010, 06:19 AM Thread Starter
Ram
PSN Newb

Tranny rebuilt questions

Ok i basicly blew my tranny up in my truck i lost reverse and 3rd gear and clutches are smoked in it. i was seeing if this was a good way to go or not without spending alot of money

I have a local Tranny performance shop here and they said they will give me a built tranny billet clutches shift kit etc he said quote "all the good stuff" and i have a brand new TC from diesel innovations thats going with it now i wanna know if this will be good if all this stuff is going in it or what the differance is between a tranny is from BTS or something. Oh and where can i get a good secondary tranny cooler..

99 7.3

Mods:
6-Position chip, 4in straight piped exhaust into 5in stacks, Built tranny, DIY Intake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 12:30 AM
PSN Newb

Re: Tranny rebuilt questions

a tranny from BTS would be the last transmission you'd ever have to buy. From all the reading I've done and a few conversations with people that have BTS trannys in their trucks I have to believe that what people say about thier work is true. I only wish at the time my tranny was in need of a rebuild that I had the cash or credit to pony up for one of his transmissions. I went the DIY route and rebuilt mine myself, and I'm pretty happy with it, but still wouldn't have minded having something that I could throw anything at like a BTS.

If you go the local rebuilt route, make sure you get any warranty they have in writing, and ask to see your old parts that they are replacing. Once I got into my transmission I found that it was a lot further gone than I thought and I ended up doing a nearly full rebuild, rather than the seals, shift kit, and new TC, that I had been planning. Also if you go the local rebuild route, I'd strongly suggest having them do the Alto Red Eagle power packs for the clutches. Gives more holding power by increasing the number of clutches and steels. If i could go back in time I'd have not bought OEM replacement clutches, would have spent the extra on the Red Eagle set.

One of the best things you can do is a good multiple disc TC.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode