Tranny Upgrade - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-27-2010, 02:53 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Tranny Upgrade

I'm looking to upgrade my tranny from stock form, and have been asking some friends about what to have done, and where to get it done. So far, I have encountered two problems: 1, most of them own dodges or that 'c' word brand, and don't really have any good first-hand experience in a Powerstroke with a built tranny, and 2, they've all got different opinions and so I get a different idea from each buddy.

SO...

Since a lot of you on here have experience with this same upgrade, i'd like to hear what has or hasn't worked out well for you, and where did you have it done? I'm not really familiar with these heavy duty transmissions, so i'm trying to research and spend my money wisely.

Also, I should add that i've got a 2000 F250 with a cold air kit and a TS chip as the only performance upgrades. I would like to build this transmission to hold around 500-600 hp, as I do plan more upgrades. Thanks in advance for any help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-27-2010, 03:58 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: Tranny Upgrade

With that hp I would suggest a JohnWood or a BTS depending on what part of the country you are in. They both build a good strong trans. John Wood is in Holtville, Ca (southern) I think BTS is in Arkansas. If I'm wrong someone will jump in and correct me. Good luck.

Glen
early99 f350 cc, lb, 2wd, drw, A pillar autometer guages, CTS monitor, AIS intake, 4" turbo back cat delete diamondeye exhaust, dptuner, pmt1, jw vb, Swamps ab inj, Adrenaline oil, Coolingmist, 180*T, Trucool cooler, spin on trans filter, Firestone air bags, 2" frt leveling kit, now chased by a 34' toyhauler
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-27-2010, 04:39 AM

I have a BTS in both my trucks and I can't say enough about the company or their product. It can withstand abusive power guaranteed!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-27-2010, 06:05 AM
Back to Civilian Life!!

BTS is what I have and its the best investment on my truck. Guaranteed to withstand getting its A$$ kicked. Awesome product and the customer service is unbeatable.

2003 F-250 4x4 7.3 liter PSD EXT. cab SB. Wilson 2000 antenna, Uniden PC78 peaked and tuned with a connex 250 Linear Amp.
MODS: BTS Tranny, DIY Tymar, Hypermax 3.5 DP to 5" back, TW tunes, DI's GT38R BB turbo, autometer boost, pyro, trans, water temp a Scangauge and Firestone rear air bags.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-27-2010, 06:49 AM
Metal - It kicks your ass

Another vote for BTS here. I did not have them build my tranny as i was short on cash but i know i will regret that decision soon.

I had a local and very trust worthy friend that specializes in the 4R100 build mine for me and i got to say that so far i am very impressed. Although im not throwing out the HP numbers you are looking for it does the job very well. For 2500 i had everything done. A BTS will be around 4300 but it's more than worth it.

For a budget build you may want to contact RacerX (site sponsor). He will have everthing you need there also.

Modded L99

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-27-2010, 11:55 AM
owner/president

Send a message via MSN to dixieland-diesels

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbolt View Post
With that hp I would suggest a JohnWood or a BTS depending on what part of the country you are in. They both build a good strong trans. John Wood is in Holtville, Ca (southern) I think BTS is in Arkansas. If I'm wrong someone will jump in and correct me. Good luck.
And yes,BTS is in Arkansas.Evan if you upgrade with some of thier parts they will credit you those parts towards a new tranny if you decide to get the whole tranny later.

03 lariat cc,4x4 7.3,DP-F5,36''MT,8"lift w/trac.bars,4"Silverline ss.exh,AFE II,Optimas,ATS housing,WW,Turbomaster,6.0 IC & tranny cooler,BTS,ISSPRO gauges,HPX,ITP RR,BRV+,Powerslots,WARN prem-hubs,coolant filter,ccv mod,08 mirrors,ARP's,mod.fuel & inj's.,Crower rods,AIH delete,AMSOIL fluids. ~waitn on the 38R~
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-27-2010, 12:36 PM
Peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbolt View Post
John Wood is in Holtville, Ca (southern)
You were right on that count--Holtville is almost close enough to Mexico to where you could throw a rock from one country into the other...
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-27-2010, 03:15 PM
PSN Veteran

We have droped shiped BTS trans all over the country..great prices..PM if we can get you a quote.

We only carry the BEST parts and never compromise just to get a sale.

Dealer for: Full Force, Tymar, BTS, Icon, Pure Performance, TW tunes, just to name a few.

email:

Introduction only. Please email if I can help.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-27-2010, 05:06 PM
PSN Veteran

bts

2008 F-250 FX4 cc,4x4

post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-27-2010, 05:37 PM
Buffalo Diesel

Really depends on where you are. I'm in the same boat as Dirtboy25. I had a local shop build it for $2200 with any and all abuse covered under warranty for 5 years, then prorated for life. I plan on making the same power you do, so we'll see how she holds up. I'm very satisfied with it so far.

I needed a transmission, and couldn't wait for one. I blew it up 4th of July weekend.

2000 F350 CC LB - 250cc 200% - Matt Tuned - 9" Lift - 38" Extreme ATs - Vegistroke

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode