o/d lite flashing - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

o/d lite flashing

I have a 2002 e350, it has p1754 code, I just don't know where to start diag it. I read the diag chart but it doesn't tell me where to really start. I will assume the wiring is not actually shorted. and that most likely the coast clutch solenoid is failed. can I replace it on my own? I'm fairly mechanical but haven't been into transmissions much. thanks

1997 f250 4x4 sclb, auto, 3.55's, 191k, diy intake w 6637, ccv mod, pyro, boost, trans gauges, 3" dp to 4" single exh. super chips for now. scangauge
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc753 View Post
Besides there is absolutely no way to idiot proof something, since they are always coming out with better idiots by the day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 03:52 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: o/d lite flashing

It's difficult to diagnose without the Ford scanner or a scanner that will run the OTM testing. The solenoids are all in one "solenoid pack" that is replaceable. Using a DVM you can test each solenoid at the transmission harness connector. I checked a few out of the vehicle and it is easy. I don't know if you will be able to get to the connector visually to be able to hit the different pins to check the solenoid pack with the pack installed

I attached a diagram of the transmission wiring harness connector. The connector at the tranny that you plug the harness into is the solenoid pack. Pins 1 and 5 are the coast clutch solenoid pins. Look for 20 - 30 ohms across those two pins. All the solenoids in the pack except the TCC PWM (pins 1 and 4)should read within the same resistance range of 20 - 30. The TCC PWM Solenoid should read 10 -20 ohms
Attached Images
File Type: jpg transconnector.jpg (19.6 KB, 13 views)

2002 X PSD, Billy Boat 4", AirRaid, 38R,HO Outlet, IH Up-pipes, Gauges: Boost, EGT, Trans Temp, Fuel Pressure and Water Temp, Oil PSI at Turbo Pedestal

DP-Tuner 6 pos No Start - 140
Super Heavy Duty 4R100 / triple disc from ATO
Transmissions in Sacramento
ICON 5" Spring Pack Lift
PSC Ram Assist Steering

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

thanks for the info. I won't get to it right away but all info will help. thanks again.

1997 f250 4x4 sclb, auto, 3.55's, 191k, diy intake w 6637, ccv mod, pyro, boost, trans gauges, 3" dp to 4" single exh. super chips for now. scangauge
Quote:
Besides there is absolutely no way to idiot proof something, since they are always coming out with better idiots by the day

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 10:57 PM
PSN Veteran

I got a Scanguage coming in the mail, I can come over and hook it up and we can pull the codes for you. Give me a call if you want 320-761-3166.......Chad

Back to stock for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1800joedaddy View Post
It's one thing to get cornholed... its another to pay for the cornholing!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 02:46 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

did you get in on the group buy from big stroker? if so I have one on order from him as well. He is supposed to order on wed. and hopefully we will see them soon.

Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode