2005 F350 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Question 2005 F350

I have a 05 f350, work that has been completed is as follows, 58V ficm w/ 40 hp tune, EGR delete, K&S downloader set on 30 hp tune, head studs, exhaust.

Took the family out to the lake at christmas and let my 10 yrs old daughter drive on the ice, whipped a few dounuts and had a blast, when we went to go home, my tow haul light started to flash and i had no 4th or 5th gears. Took it to a local tranny shop. he checked codes and came up with P2700 and P0725. Told me it was a clutch and shift cel a. I have been doing a little digging and can't find any info for P0725.

I am thinking maybe he wrote down the code wrong? Thoughts? I haven't opened the tranny yet to see if there is any debris....

thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 08:44 PM
Former Ford Trans Engr.

Re: 2005 F350

My list shows P0725 Engine Speed Input Circuit Malfunction.

Sometimes driving on ice can set false codes. I recommend clearing the codes and see if they come back. If they do come back we can troubleshoot the problem.

Mark
Former Ford Automatic Transmission Engineer

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 02:50 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Re: 2005 F350

Thanks for the quick reply and my apologies for getting back to you so late. That lovely thing called work got in the way. So, when I took it to the tranny shop, they cleared the codes, and took it out for another spin. Codes returned. I took it to work a few times and the t/h light started flashing and still no 4th or 5th. I am kinda wondering if he made a mistake when he wrote down the codes.... because he did say I had a "shift solenoid a" code when he looked up the codes.

I know ultimately we won't really know until I open up the pan and see whats inside. Considering doing the solenoid myself, how nasty of a job is that? I do have somewhere I can do it indoors in the warmth as its a touch nasty in Edmonton AB lately.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode