E4OD rebuild ? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 12:15 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

E4OD rebuild ?

I bought a stock 1996 7.3 4x4 this year. It's not my daily driver and don't plan on working it much just pull the fishing boat around a few times a year other than that just some long hunting trips. All I plan to do for now is; gauges, intake, 4" turbo back, tunes, wicked wheel, that's about it.
It started shifting hard and is throwing a P-1728 code. I'm expecting that I'll be rebuilding the tranny. Based on how I drive (nice and easy) what upgrades are necessary in the rebuild and what is not or just get a Ford reman.

I'm a googler mechanic! If your going to ask me a technical question I'll need a day to look up a smart answer.

Thanks for your input

Eric
1996 Ford F-250 7.3L 4x4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 01:20 AM
Native Texan

Garage
Re: E4OD rebuild ?

So there was just some discussion ion this recently on here heres the link. https://www.powerstrokenation.com/for...afts-such.html

Mostly it depends on what u want to do with her. But there are some upgrades like the planetary's(light weight alum 4 pinion or robust steel 6 pinions hummm though choice there) and few other things that were discussed that I would not skip.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Upgrades:
|Bellowed UpPipes|160CC Injectors|Adrenaline HPOP|Rebuilt Turbo 360 Bearing|Custom E-Fuel|Manual to Auto Conversion
|Delete Pedestal|3" Down Pipe 4" Exhaust|Dual Tensioner and Belt|Stainless Steel HPX Crossover|Custom Banks InterCooler
|42 Gal Rear Tank 35 Gal Front Tank |DP Infinity Tuner
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 03:28 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

So I brought up some of the upgrades mentioned, 6 pin steel planetary vs stock 4 pin aluminum, HD gen2 blue clutch plates, 45 element intermediate sprag, multi disc billet TC..., and on and on.. The tranny shop who I have no history with say's they can rebuild me a good tranny without all the overkill under 3k. I got a feeling I'm going to loose some hair over this.

Eric
1996 Ford F-250 7.3L 4x4

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-24-2016, 12:40 AM
PSN Veteran

I paid less than that for similar upgrades and feel very confident. If the guy knows what he is doing, no hair needs to be risked.

1996 F250 CCSB, 4x4, auto PSD, stainless window vents.

Signature file limitations keep me from sharing more information. Follow this link to find my threads: D60 RSK install, Air vent cleaning, etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode