Old ZF5 loose shifter - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
<---F350 DRIFTER

Old ZF5 loose shifter

I swaped out my auto for a ZF last year and have no previous experience with this trans. I had it rebuilt due to worn out syncros. The shifter has always been loose but it is getting worse. It does still have the spring tension in it but is quite weak. The shifter has 3-4" of play in it in every gear in every position. Any one know how to fix this? I am thinking it is the part the stick attaches to because you can easily tell nothing is moving inside of the trans. The trans shift great does not fall out of gear or do anything strange...just has a bunch of play in the stick. The only issue is it makes it a little awkward to downshift because it is so loose.

Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSD. CC 4X4 195K, IDM mod, 6 Leaker IC, DP Tuner 6pos chip, WOP QSSB Turbo, kit by Carson Stauffer. Swamps 175/146's sticks, CNG kit 35mpg's on the diesel, E-fuel, Adrenaline and converted to a ZF5. RSK rolling on 35's. 4" straight pipe. 2011 f350 ccsb leveled on 35's, I can neither confirm nor deny that it is tuned and deleted!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 12:25 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Old ZF5 loose shifter

shifter rebuild kit?

The whole thing rides inside two nylon bushings
I used this kit when I installed my rebuilt zf5, nice and tight shifter, easy to find the gears
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
<---F350 DRIFTER

Re: Old ZF5 loose shifter

Thanks. I ordered that and the pivot bushing. Hope that fixes it up!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSD. CC 4X4 195K, IDM mod, 6 Leaker IC, DP Tuner 6pos chip, WOP QSSB Turbo, kit by Carson Stauffer. Swamps 175/146's sticks, CNG kit 35mpg's on the diesel, E-fuel, Adrenaline and converted to a ZF5. RSK rolling on 35's. 4" straight pipe. 2011 f350 ccsb leveled on 35's, I can neither confirm nor deny that it is tuned and deleted!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode