2002 4r100 diy upgrades help - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-24-2016, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

2002 4r100 diy upgrades help

Ok I loaded a 14k backhoe on a 6k trailer and well tranny vomited all across the yard after a 10 mile trip ( thank god it made it home).
needless to say i am about to go in and rebuild it myself. I have been doing a lot of research on what all needs to be done up to bob wood specs but I dont have a machine shop or lathes or tig welder etc.

Who makes a reputable kit that includes everything I would need to handle 500 hp even though I am only at *maybe* 400 with a ts 6 position chip and other small mods. I would rather way overdo the trans to tow well.
I do not know if ts 6 position ups the line pressure or not.

I have pm rods but if something ever does fail on this engine I will of course be upgrading so preparation is key.
I have found a couple of stage 4 rebuild kits that claim 5-600 hp but none of the better hard parts or machined and welded parts.

links are great and I appreciate any help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode