anyone know what is wrong??? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 04:10 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

anyone know what is wrong???

i notices a small trail under my 450 the other day while plowing & the trans oil was low so i added some and ran a little longer & it started leaking worse & smelled bad and the overdrive button on the end of the shifter started blinking at me. it was working pretty hard pushing through drifts. today when i got it in the shop and looked at it there was no place i could see where it had been leaking. anyone else ever have this happen? idk where to start. is it possible that it was hot & oil was coming out of a breather???? truck is a 2000 f450 w an auto trans and 7.3. any help is appreciated.

05 F-250
5" magnaflow exhaust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 04:49 AM
PSN Pretender

Re: anyone know what is wrong???

Front pump is leaking.....
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 04:50 AM
Pennsylvania Coal Roller

i had a simlar problem in my 350 but the overdrive light was not blinking and due to it happening in the summer I didnt notice the trail nor a puddle till I came to a stop and went to go and it reved up to about 1500 rpm and jerked into gear, lucky for me I was at my destination and pulled the tranny dipstick and needless to say it was bone dry. Dumped more in and cycled the gears to get fulid flowing and just pissed out the inspection cover. From what i have heard my unclehad the same problem in his 350 and said it something like the TC seal or somthing. I needed to get going so i dumped a bottle of LUCAS tranny stop leak in it and have been driving it since with no issues (wouldnt reccomend it tho) hope this helps and good luck.

2001 F-250 7.3 auto rclb xl trim all stock with a Fisher MM2 7.5' plow, work in progress

2015 RAM 3500 cclb 6.7 cummins auto all stock grocery getter

2008 F-350 cab and chassis w/ 9 foot reading service body 6.4 stroke ,auto, all stock GVW 11,500 all day every day 222,xxx and some how its still on the road!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 01:52 PM
PSN Local

Sounds like you got it hot and either it boiled out of the vent on top which you should be able to verify, or the front seal relaxed and allowed puking. Either way, once it returns to normal temps the leaking stops. I would recommend changing the cooler to a larger one, replace the bypass, and change the fluid and filter.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode