fluid bypass noise in trans 99 e450 with 4r100 7.3 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
JLA

Question fluid bypass noise in trans 99 e450 with 4r100 7.3

I just rebuilt the trans put triple disc converter and sonnax sure cure kit with new v10 cooler.
problem is that there is a fliud bypass noise similar to that of a power steering pump makes when you turn the wheel to lock (no squeel though) pulls the engine rpms down when it happens, but only does it just above idle to about 1500 rpm, only does this at what I would guess is about 100 degrees trans temp, does it in all gears nuetral or park, ok when real cold and ok when hot won't do it again until cools down. I have replaced the front pump no difference went through the valve body 2 times nothing has changed it. with a line pressure guage on it when tihs happens the fluid pressure goes to 160 180 psi even put the old solenoid pack back in and no change. any help would be appreciated thanks Lee

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode