2000 4r100 issues - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 12:56 AM Thread Starter
wishing to be faster

Exclamation 2000 4r100 issues

hello everyone. i have had so many tranny issues with this truck it nutz. my symtoms are when the truck shifts from 1st to 2nd, and 2nd to 3rd. (over drive shift is fine) converter locks up on the 2nd shift. i get a bad shudder/slip. the only way i can describe it is it feels just like way bad wheel hop the whole truck shakes violently. this started a month ago. i quit driving it and have been driving my old lightning. now i am just getting sick of the regular cab and have saved up some money. i am considering doing the work myself i am sick of paying people to do this. also it feels like reverse is binding it will back up but as soon as you let off the throttle it stops moving.
i have rebuilt a ton of 5speed manual tranny's, engines, 4wheeler motor/trans. so i feel this shouldnt be to bad. so my main ? are what should i order? i am thinking of racerx parts. does anybody suggest which kit? thanks DJ

2012 f250 lariat crew 4x4, silver on black, bought 10-1-12. Mbrp 5" with muffler, H&S mini, 70 miles.

2000 F250 crew 4x4 gtp38r, 4" exaust, other little stuff, dp tunes, 6 trannys, 421,000 miles turned into the work truck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 11:04 PM
Stone Crusher

Re: 2000 4r100 issues

Give racer x a call. He will set you up with the needed parts.

From the description, your converter is toast.

01 F250 XLT 4X4 Auto trans, Dark Highland Green, Green fuzzy dice,Di Pricol Optix gauges,Dura Lite air cleaner,CCV mod,coolant filter,,AIC,XM Satilite radio.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 11:33 PM
Metal - It kicks your ass

Re: 2000 4r100 issues

I've had problems like that. For me there was a snap ring that fell out inside the trans that held things in place and one of my gears was just flopping around inside. It would shift fine when things were lined up and shook like a beech when things were not.

Modded L99

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode