5r110w third one in 10,000 k what could be wrong - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

5r110w third one in 10,000 k what could be wrong

so i had a local good tranny builder do my tranny 05 350 ccsb 38.5 sct running x street from eric the first time he did a complete rebuild. the second i lost overdrive he pulled it apart fibers in the pan he went though it and put all new clutchs in it and a d soliniod its been great did two pulls with it and five times down the track and now it chatters in rev and no 4-5 getting solinoid d and torque convert solinoid codes the thing junk the only way i can drive it is if the tow haul is blinking otherwise it slips like crazy its under warr he says his parts are good i think the truck is making to much power for his parts i also drive it very hard but i espect it to last a little longer then this i think he used trans star rebuild kit with upgraded converter and clutches the truck makes 426/780 but i heard stock trans are good for 500 hp with good tuning any advice would be helpful and i know suncoast suncoast but i got $3000 invested and want him to fix it and hes going to but i need some info PS the truck went 14.0 at 101 with 38.5 swampers so i think it goes ok
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Re: 5r110w third one in 10,000 k what could be wrong

the hp stats where on x race just to clairfy
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 11:34 PM
PSN Veteran

That much power with those tires is a disaster waiting to happen. If you're gonna run it that hard with those big tires you will need something better than your local shop. Like a BTS or a JW. Just my $.02

Glen
early99 f350 cc, lb, 2wd, drw, A pillar autometer guages, CTS monitor, AIS intake, 4" turbo back cat delete diamondeye exhaust, dptuner, pmt1, jw vb, Swamps ab inj, Adrenaline oil, Coolingmist, 180*T, Trucool cooler, spin on trans filter, Firestone air bags, 2" frt leveling kit, now chased by a 34' toyhauler
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 11:55 PM
Captain Negativity!

Send a message via AIM to PSDPlayer

Where is this at? TransStar gasket kits are fine. What do you mean upgraded clutches? The factory frictions are high energry to start with. If you lost overdrive you would have lost second gear as well. If it chatters in reverse you have now destroyed direct.

Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone:954-275-6801 Leave me a message. I can't always answer.
05 CC LB DRW Lariat 4x2 Dropped 3/6.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-21-2009, 04:51 PM
PSN Local

Did your guy flush or replace the trans cooler? I know Ford required the cooler to be changed when the 5r110 was overhauled or replaced. They wouldn't allow a simple flush and replace the inline filter.

2000 F350 XLT 4x4 CC LB SRW, PSD, 4R100, MSOF, 3.73 TrueTrac, AIC, Gauges, DP F6 Live Tuned, Terminator T1000, AIS, ATS housing, 31-row cooler, HPX line, Magnaflow & BrakeSmart.
2006 Wildcat 31QBH
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-21-2009, 05:05 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispy306 View Post
so i had a local good tranny builder do my tranny 05 350 ccsb 38.5 sct running x street from eric the first time he did a complete rebuild. the second i lost overdrive he pulled it apart fibers in the pan he went though it and put all new clutchs in it and a d soliniod its been great did two pulls with it and five times down the track and now it chatters in rev and no 4-5 getting solinoid d and torque convert solinoid codes the thing junk the only way i can drive it is if the tow haul is blinking otherwise it slips like crazy its under warr he says his parts are good i think the truck is making to much power for his parts i also drive it very hard but i espect it to last a little longer then this i think he used trans star rebuild kit with upgraded converter and clutches the truck makes 426/780 but i heard stock trans are good for 500 hp with good tuning any advice would be helpful and i know suncoast suncoast but i got $3000 invested and want him to fix it and hes going to but i need some info PS the truck went 14.0 at 101 with 38.5 swampers so i think it goes ok
sound just like mine blew 3 ATS trans now just running stock trans. im also runnis 38 swampers. i was talking to this guy one day running 40's saidhe went thru trannys too then geared it now no problems

01 c/c sb 8 inch lift 39.5 swampers (ON THE ROAD AGAIN)
00 F450 (SOLD)
newest addition 06 F150 (STOCK)SSHHHHHH don't tell her its a work truck!

hold my beer & watch this sh1t!!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 03:38 AM
The Unseen Mod

Send a message via AIM to RescueF250

Ive got over 80k miles on 38's, 190cc injectors, turbo and havent had a problem yet. Its stock.

03 Rescue is Dead

08 Rescue - No Limit Fab, MPD, Rescue Diesel, Barder Turbo, Fuel Lab, H&S products.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 08:08 PM
Captain Negativity!

Send a message via AIM to PSDPlayer

The ATS converters are ####. The cut the stock stator down and remove a bunch of material.

Email:

Phone:954-275-6801 Leave me a message. I can't always answer.
05 CC LB DRW Lariat 4x2 Dropped 3/6.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 10:40 PM
Beer Hauler

Just got done going through similar situation......local performance shop built mine, all the same goodies and some better than you find in all the fore-mentioned trans....long story short(since you already know the story, same as yours)...you need a new pump assembly......you can straight edge and wet stone the heck out of it and it will show to be perfect...olng and short of it is the aluminun half of the pump houses the control valves for the lock-up and overdrives......bores are scored/warped and screw up after some normal heat has built in the trans...........just my 2 cents and very recent experience...my trans is now beautiful....

04 F350 CC LB DRW: Studded & Deleted : DieselSite coolant filter : RED ELC
SCT X3 by Innovative & Gearhead : Custom built all Billet 5R110 : Diamond Eye 4" TB duals : zoodad/ccv mods : gauges and more gauges

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode