flywheel? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

flywheel?

so last night i pull into my shop to warm up my work truck and when i get out of mine i put it in nuetral and hear a ticking or tapping type noise. at first i thaught it was a injector or something in the engine. but then i put the clutch in and the sound went away and it only does it once you drive 10 miles or so once everything is warm. could this be my flywheel and if so how much longer do i have before it busts completly

2000 f-350 ext cab 6ft bed, beans idm, wicked wheel, fpr shimmed, 6637 intake, 5 inch straight pipe, stage one injectors, beans tuned

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 04:49 PM
PSN Local

Re: flywheel?

i would say it is the input shaft bearing and i don't know how long you have. i know a few people that just drive like that and won't fix it but it can't be good

SOLD-2000 f-250 175cc single shot's, 38r, cfm spider, ts chip with custom tunes, southbend con ofe, single 7in stack, 35's on 17's, and a heavy foot

04 lb7 htt366, AD II 165gph, EFI live, ATS stage 3, we'll see what it does this summer i was pulling 1.6x 60ft times last summer running low 13's before the turbo.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 04:50 PM
Science rulz

Send a message via AIM to Coltaine

Well, it'll eventually seize up and destroy your pressure plate, but usually they last like that for quite a while..

One of them truckless bastards.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

whats the price of that?

2000 f-350 ext cab 6ft bed, beans idm, wicked wheel, fpr shimmed, 6637 intake, 5 inch straight pipe, stage one injectors, beans tuned

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

what about throw out bearing

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 06:06 PM
Science rulz

Send a message via AIM to Coltaine

I think maybe me and it'sjustmoney are talking about two different things, my bad.

Been a while since I played with manual transmissions, most commonly the clutch release bearing is the thing that fail.

But as I redid my homework I remember that they usually "warble" when you release the clutchpedal..

One of them truckless bastards.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 08:38 PM
PSN Local

yea two different things i would say its the input shaft bearing and while you have it out you mise well replace the throw out bearing and pilot bushing and maybe even the rear main not a common problem on the 7.3's but it's worth lookin at to see if it's seeping. just my .02

SOLD-2000 f-250 175cc single shot's, 38r, cfm spider, ts chip with custom tunes, southbend con ofe, single 7in stack, 35's on 17's, and a heavy foot

04 lb7 htt366, AD II 165gph, EFI live, ATS stage 3, we'll see what it does this summer i was pulling 1.6x 60ft times last summer running low 13's before the turbo.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode