No Forward + other issues after 4r100 rebuild - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 01-09-2016, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

No Forward + other issues after 4r100 rebuild

I'm a beginner to transmission work I did tons of research prior and during the work on my 4r100 I had pulled it apart to replace a forward drum that I ate the teeth on. I believe everything went well with it but i'm having some issues. I have reverse working fine and moving better than it was before the rebuild but I forward is having issues i started the truck after the rebuild with the tire off the ground to avoid having any load on the truck. with the tires off the ground they will slip creep forward sometimes at idle and move for a seconds if i hit the pedal. the TCSLIP on my dp infinity gauge shows roughly 150 in park at idle, 600+ in reverse, 120 at idle in drive and 50-60 with light to medium pedal in drive. Now have zero reverse lights and i cant turn on the overdrive button on the shifter. also when i dropped the truck to the ground again reverse works excellent but i have no forward movement even when on the pedal a little.

during the repair i added new seals a bts valve body and a few other things. I added the 8 quarts and let it run for a minute to fill the t/c then added the rest of the fuild

* i did paint the trans during the process and left the electronic part of the valve body in but taped it off.

01 7.3 Ext Cab XLT.
ARP Headstuds,TB 5 inch MBRP / Bellowed up pipes, WW, Afe Stage 2, and more
99 7.3 ats/suncoast trans, ATS 38R, WW2, regulated fuel return, Fass 150, Snows water meth, 160cc injectors, Adrenaline Hpop, ARP's dp Infinity and more.
07 6.0 CCLB - stock
07 6.6 LBZ Duramax "dually"
International 4300 DT 466, 4200 VGT 365
F750

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode