excursion trans woes please help! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

excursion trans woes please help!

Guys, (and gals), I need your collective PhD’s, my 2001 excursion need a new trans. My local options are:
1. Factory rebuild 3 yr 100k warranty $3029
2. “Heavy Duty” factory rebuild 3 yr 100K warranty $3927
3. Local rebuild 12month 12k warranty $2452
Anyone have any knowledge on the Heavy duty factory rebuild?
I’ve heard of John Woods as the west coast go to guy, but I’m Nor-Cal so it’s probably more $$ and would involve some serious travel. I tow a 27’ toy hauler and with 5 kids we push the limit weight wise so if I have to spend the money it makes sense to upgrade. Has anyone had a JW Trans shipped to them and installed by a local shop? How did that go? Any info/opinions would be appreciated.
Thanks!
john
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-03-2009, 05:02 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: excursion trans woes please help!

PM sent

We only carry the BEST parts and never compromise just to get a sale.

Dealer for: Full Force, Tymar, BTS, Icon, Pure Performance, TW tunes, just to name a few.

email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Introduction only. Please email if I can help.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-03-2009, 05:54 PM
ARMY bound

John Wood is closest to you, Id give him a call and see what he can do for ya.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-03-2009, 05:59 PM
PSN Veteran

How long do you plan to keep the truck? If you are looking to dump it tomorrow, Aamco, Jasper or your local re-builder will be fine. If you are looking for the next 3 years and don't want to mod it, get the Ford reman. If you are looking to keep it AND mod it, I'd get a BTS. I read about Dockboy who has broken several transmissions and he races and all were covered even AFTER the 2 yrs was up. In my case, he gave me credit for the VB, sight unseen. I bought his VB, installed it and the 01 diode locked up and trashed the trans. Drove it for 100 miles in black and burnt fluid with debris in it.

Brian's Truck Shop can easily be reached at 870-422-3673. He has helped me with other stuff not related to his trans too. Just another satisfied customer. Check with him about his dealers who might be close to you and might even be able to install it for you. Even if you use your other installers, it should not be rocket science to install a trans.

01 Excursion 7.3L Powerstroke. Gauges with AIH Delete, AIS, CCV Mod, 4' MBRP, BTS Trans, 6.0L Trans Cooler and Intercooler, DP-Tuner F5 chip, ITP In Tank Mod and Boost Annihilator, Diesel Innovation's Regulated Fuel kit, BTS Big Oil system, GTP38R Turbo with 1.15 A/R housing and BPD Stage II AC injectors. Bilstein Shocks with U front and A Rear.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode