5R110 built trans no movement any gear! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
View Poll Results: trans issue
electrical 0 0%
non electrical 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 02:39 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

5R110 built trans no movement any gear!

Having trans issues with my 6.0 5r110 trans. Truck drove before replacement. Torque converter went out and shifted funny until locked up. Had a trans built at a shop with upgraded parts. Installed the trans with triple disc converter and had no gears. Pulled trans and they went through it and nothing was wrong. Ended up building a second unit and tested it in another truck and worked just fine. Installed that working trans in my truck and still have the same problem as the first built trans. Has line pressure! Plenty of fluid! Flushed the trans lines before installing, converter completely in and once installed popped forward and tighten all bolts by hand first then tourqed to 30ft lbs like unstructured. Transmission in 2wd or 4wd will slightly want to move in any forward gear or reverse when you rev the engine but just noticeable that the truck slightly rocks forward or reverse but will still not move at all though! Has to be something on the vehicle side because the same trans after being built was tested in another truck and worked just fine but now in my truck it does what I described. No codes! Does have a sct livewire tuner but should not effect it! Any fuses to check or electrical maybe? Any help to get me up and running will be greatly appreciated thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 03:00 AM
PSN Local

Re: 5R110 built trans no movement any gear!

Still could be transfer case. A bad range fork could leave it in neutral
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 05:42 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

The truck worked and drove before installing the new trans. How could this range fork ust act up? Is there any way to test that or what? Like I said you can feel the truck just start to move very faintly tho. Just noticeable!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Truck doesn't even have 70k miles
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 12:37 PM
Former Ford Trans Engr.

With the engine running put the trans in drive, wait a couple seconds, then right into park. Does it just go into park, or is there a grinding sound? With the trans in park will the truck roll more than a foot or two?

If the answer to either of these questions is "Yes," you've just diagnosed the transfer case is the problem.

Mark
Former Ford Automatic Transmission Engineer

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I'll try it tonight and let you know. Just need to get this thing back and going again asap
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 12:02 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Checked all of the wiring harness for bad wires and everything is good. Checked all fuses are good. Manually engaged transfer case and tried that in all selections and nothing moved still. Unplugged harness and tried putting in reverse and fifth to see if it engaged. Supposed to increase line pressure to max pressure. Still nothing and no movement. Truck will not roll either while its in park. Returned back to stock tune as well and still no movement. Any sugestions...
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 12:45 AM
PSN Local

If your 100% the truck holds in park then the tcase and rear are intact enough to move. Electronics are irrelevant in reverse. So electronics are not the cause. Line pressure means pump works. If the shift linkage is hooked up correct, all that's left is a internal problem. The things I would be looking at,
Shift linkage, is the cable correct external AND the manual valve is correct internal
Input shaft. Specifically the splines in the converter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode