Slips into OD when hot - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Slips into OD when hot

Hello I have bought a 99 f-250 super duty recently. It has the 7.3 power stoke and an automatic. The truck shifts great when cold but after it warms up it sometimes revs the engine before it will go into OD. It just does it when driving normal and after it has warmed up. It doesn't do it all the time even when warm just periodically and it does not do it under full throttle. After it is in OD it does fine no slipping that I can tell. I have changed the fluid. The old fluid looked good but had a hint of burnt smell. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 01:40 AM
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"

Re: Slips into OD when hot

Some specs would help some.Do you have a chip,shift kit,aftermarket valve body,ect.Could be a sticking valve for the overdrive and the cold fluid is thicker and works it better then warmed up.

2004 f250 egr delete,studded,fass 95,suncoast convertor,itp RR,Banks intercooler,58v tuned ficm,Powermax turbo,Matts tunes,6in Icon and 35 toyos 20x12 fuels
Early 99 exlb 4wd-SOLD All Shaeffer oil
Will Iott -8/24/84-7/4/10 "We miss you buddy"
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Re: Slips into OD when hot

Thanks for the reply. Everything is stock, no chips or aftermarket parts on the engine or tranny. The truck has 179,000 miles. The transmission feels strong other than sometimes it feels like it is slipping into overdrive after it warms up. And it only does it sometimes, mostly in traffic. Seems to shift fine when at wide open throttle. Once in OD it doesn't seem to slip as far as I can tell. Thanks again

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode