BTS vs Joe Blow - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Metal - It kicks your ass

BTS vs Joe Blow

Well,.. I found out yesterday i gotta have a full tranny rebuild. I gave BTS a call and was hoping to be able to get one of there's. But 4300 bucks is a little more than i can spend right now.

I have a friend about 50 miles from where i live and he can do a rebuild and upgrade everything front to back for 2500. He's been rebuilding ford trannies his whole life so i guess i can depend on his tranny's to keep me goin. I told him what i was going to be doin with the truck. Like putting it through hell and back and he is going to upgrade the TC, silinoids, clutch packs, and valve body from his standard package.

I know you cant beat BTS but its just more in the $$ range for me. Anyone think i made a good decision.

Modded L99

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 11:05 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: BTS vs Joe Blow

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtboy25 View Post
Well,.. I found out yesterday i gotta have a full tranny rebuild. I gave BTS a call and was hoping to be able to get one of there's. But 4300 bucks is a little more than i can spend right now.

I have a friend about 50 miles from where i live and he can do a rebuild and upgrade everything front to back for 2500. He's been rebuilding ford trannies his whole life so i guess i can depend on his tranny's to keep me goin. I told him what i was going to be doin with the truck. Like putting it through hell and back and he is going to upgrade the TC, silinoids, clutch packs, and valve body from his standard package.

I know you cant beat BTS but its just more in the $$ range for me. Anyone think i made a good decision.
What torque converter are you going to use?
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 11:07 PM
Young'n

not a bad deal, but money is tight. if you dont have the money u simply dont have it. i dont think u got a bad deal.

post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 11:07 PM
PSN Veteran

It is your money. I think the thing with BTS is how they back it.

And remember you get what you pay for.

2001 F250, CCSB, 4X4, Auto, Forged rods
Lots of go fast parts and still slow.

2001 F250, STD cab, 2WD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Frame is a little shorter now
workin on body
engine build underway

post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 11:10 PM
Young'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbilly420 View Post
It is your money. I think the thing with BTS is how they back it.

And remember you get what you pay for.
i did forget how great there warranty is.
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
Metal - It kicks your ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstroke Racer View Post
What torque converter are you going to use?
I dont know the brand name. He said its bigger than his standard TC. Triple Disc billit for sure tho.

Modded L99

post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 11:17 PM
PSN Mega Miler

When my tranny goes it will be a bts. I cant afford one now and I will never be able to afford one to be honest. But to me its worth going to the bank and taking out a loan. I'd rather buy once and never have to worry about having to buy again. If I understand the warranty correct everything is free for the first year and after that you just pay shipping. I dont like walking and would be willing to pay the extra money even if I have to get a loan.

I have built probably a tad over 100 transmissions in my life. Mosting turbo 350, 400's and 700r4's. Plus Ive done 3 4l60e's. Parts are pretty cheap to do it yourself on any model trans but Id still rather pay someone as respected as the owner of bts is knowing I will get a quality product with a no hassle warranty. Im too old now to be snatching a trans out because somethings not right and if I do it Id drive myself nuts tinkering with it.

2002 F250 SuperDuty Lariat PSD 7.3 Crew Cab 4x4 302,000+ miles.

, Valvoline Extreme Blue 5w40 Synthetic,
, Clifford Matrix 50.5x Alarm

, P3 Brake Controller, Swamps Injectors, PHP Tunes

post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 11:18 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtboy25 View Post
I dont know the brand name. He said its bigger than his standard TC. Triple Disc billit for sure tho.
The TC is very important, find out a name brand and cost. Better to spend a few more bucks and get a real TC and know it will hold up.
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 11:19 PM
The Fireman

Send a message via AIM to big_stroker Send a message via Yahoo to big_stroker

I ran a $1800 tranny for 3 1/2 years with no issue with a chip and running the piss out of it. TC and everything was still good just blew out 2nd gear. and this was also running 520hp through it for 8 months. So I say go for it.

1999.5 F-250 7.3l 4x4 6 spd Ported Heads, Head studs, valve springs, DI Push Rods, DI RR, 38R, Walbro fuel pump, 238cc Injectors from Nate @ Unlimited Diesel and Tuned by Matt @ Gearhead Automotive

post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 11:20 PM
PSN Veteran

Shayb should be along any minute.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode