Lost all forward gears - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 04:29 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Lost all forward gears

01 f250 SD 7.3 ccsb 4x4 sitting at a stop light and went to leave very mildly due to drink holder on the console , when I pushed the throttle it just revved. I tried manually putting g b it in the other gears and nothin. It would start to move if I kept it revved around 2500rpm and limped it home. No warning or notice of trans going out. I assume it's toast now but what's your opinions? Thx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 12:18 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Lost all forward gears

Probably broken forward drum. You'll have to have it diagnosed by a shop, though.

07 CCSB 4x4 Lariat FX4 Bronze Metallic/Sage
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-26-2015, 01:54 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Ok. Waiting on numbers from a couple ships might just put a jasper reman in with a shift kit. Just sucks, wish it would have gave me notice. Happened the day between my wedding and my honeymoon.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-26-2015, 03:09 AM
PSN Local

Agree with Matt. Sounds like forward clutch problem. You can do better then a jasper too. Do your homework before purchase. Lots of reputable independent shops that can build great units. As well as big time reman company's like bts. Btw congrats on the marriage.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-26-2015, 12:45 PM
PSN Local

Don't get a Jasper! I had one and it was nothing but problems. There are a lot off better options than that

01 powerstroke stock other than 35s and leveling kit 280000 and counting

00 powerstroke project 💩💩
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2015, 01:03 AM
PSN Newb

I am fairly new to Powerstrokes but love my 99. However I also just lost all my forward gears this last weekend. I don't usually do a ton of hauling or pulling but haul a cord of wood or pull a horse trailer. My question is do I really need a built transmission for any of that. Any advise would greatly appreciated.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 06:32 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Thx. I would love to get a good aftermarket trans. The jasper with install is 4100 bucks with 3yr/100k warranty. Had there stuff in some other rigs I've owned and never had a problem. I very rarely tow or such. Just love having a some what fast powerful rig. I'm still looking, another shop quoted me 3600 for just a rebuild and cooler. My worry with a rebuild is if it's a bigger part than a clutch pack or such than I'm already at the 4k mark and not a good warranty.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015, 01:11 AM
PSN Veteran

Jasper is hacked together junk. I've done more warranty jasper products than any other distributor.

Not sure if they sell to the public but give RMP (remanufactured powertrain solutions) a call. They do ALL of my local ford dealers remans. Everything, engines, transmissions, injectors, steering boxes, etc. They have a 3 year unlimited mileage warranty.

07 CCSB 4x4 Lariat FX4 Bronze Metallic/Sage
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode