tranny slipping???? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

tranny slipping????

OK guys kind of a newbie when it comes to automatics. i got a 99.5 f250 with 252k miles and a 4r110 tranny with 90k miles. sct with custom tunes installed, sbt cold air, boost fooler and straight piped 4" exhaust, running on 35x12.5 dynapro MT's. heres the problem when i put it in gear and get going the tranny shifts weird. it starts out fine but at the shift points as i start gaining speed it acts like is going go into lock up but doesn't it just drops about 100 rpm and keeps spinning high rpms. at this point if i mash it to the floor it will just rev up, i will gain speed but slowly and were talking 3000-3500ish rpms, but if i let off it will go into lock up and away i go!
the tranny was rebuilt by the previous owner supposedly it has a shift kit and a billet torque converter. who knows if that is true.
is this normal or am i looking at a BTS????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-31-2009, 12:19 AM
owner/president

Send a message via MSN to dixieland-diesels
Re: tranny slipping????

I never had a tranny problem with my custom tuner from SCT.Who's tunes are they? I think your tranny has seen better days.Can you find out more info on your tranny mods.?

03 lariat cc,4x4 7.3,DP-F5,36''MT,8"lift w/trac.bars,4"Silverline ss.exh,AFE II,Optimas,ATS housing,WW,Turbomaster,6.0 IC & tranny cooler,BTS,ISSPRO gauges,HPX,ITP RR,BRV+,Powerslots,WARN prem-hubs,coolant filter,ccv mod,08 mirrors,ARP's,mod.fuel & inj's.,Crower rods,AIH delete,AMSOIL fluids. ~waitn on the 38R~
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-31-2009, 12:27 AM
Metal - It kicks your ass

If you find out any info please let me know i am having the same excact problems to a T... last week i got a cutom 6pos chip burnt and a few days later thats when it started. Weird thing is it still does it with the chip unhooked.

Modded L99

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-31-2009, 11:42 AM
owner/president

It might be time for you to get an upgraded valvebody.How many miles on your tranny?

03 lariat cc,4x4 7.3,DP-F5,36''MT,8"lift w/trac.bars,4"Silverline ss.exh,AFE II,Optimas,ATS housing,WW,Turbomaster,6.0 IC & tranny cooler,BTS,ISSPRO gauges,HPX,ITP RR,BRV+,Powerslots,WARN prem-hubs,coolant filter,ccv mod,08 mirrors,ARP's,mod.fuel & inj's.,Crower rods,AIH delete,AMSOIL fluids. ~waitn on the 38R~
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixieland-diesels View Post
It might be time for you to get an upgraded valvebody.How many miles on your tranny?
about 75k
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixieland-diesels View Post
I never had a tranny problem with my custom tuner from SCT.Who's tunes are they? I think your tranny has seen better days.Can you find out more info on your tranny mods.?
i got the tunes from a place call fast specialties in vancouver, wa
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtboy25 View Post
If you find out any info please let me know i am having the same excact problems to a T... last week i got a cutom 6pos chip burnt and a few days later thats when it started. Weird thing is it still does it with the chip unhooked.
ya mine too
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

ya me too, what would make my tranny act like this. i dont know much about trannys so im kinda interested on what parts of the tranny could be failing.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 08:02 PM
owner/president

Quote:
Originally Posted by kblv247 View Post
i got the tunes from a place call fast specialties in vancouver, wa
I've never heard of them,but the ones i had was from Elite Diesel,custom tunes by Tadd(one of the best)the other best for SCT is Eric at Diesel Innovations.IIRC.
never heard of any of thier tunes having tranny problems.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

ya i will look them up

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode