Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

tunes for modded trans??

832 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  dixieland-diesels 
#1 ·
i had my 4r100 rebuilt about 6 months ago, i got all the parts from racer x. i got a jw vb, 427 line mod tripple disc converter, modded pump, all hardened internal parts. deep sump pan, cooler line bypass mod and the 6.0 trans cooler. my question is, i have the dpf5 tuner, i never sent my chip out to be reburned for tunes for the modded trans. can i hurt the trans without having spacific tunes for the mods? if not am i not getting the full potantial of the trans without tunes to support its mods? if spacific tunes are a must what is suggested? thanks jay. while the trans was out i also installed a reman van turbo with ats comp housing, beans high flo outlet, 4" strait pipe, ebpv delete, iah delete, foil delete. and a detroit tru trac for the rear diff. is there supporting tunes for these mods also? jay

#2 ·
Why not call Jody and ask him?

#3 ·
thought i would ask psn first

#4 ·
Problem is we don't know whether he set the tune for the VB or not.

#5 ·
idk either i got the tuner befor the vb, and had the vb befor the trans was rebuilt

#6 ·
Therein lies the problem. I don't know if he set up the files in preparation for the VB. He did with mine. Best thing is to call him and check the records and tell him what has happens so far.

Do you want the tunes set up for the new VB? I would. Has it been set up? Only he will know.

#7 ·
so the vb is the only mod that requires other tuning? i think i got my tuner from dennis @ itp

#8 ·
I think so. If you got it from Dennis, give Dennis a call and tell him. He might be able to know which tunes he loaded for you at the time of purchase.

#9 ·
I would call Jody,but it sounds to me like you'll be alright.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.