symptoms of a tranny crappin the bed - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

symptoms of a tranny crappin the bed

what are some things people see before their trannys go out? specifically torqueshift....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 09:29 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: symptoms of a tranny crappin the bed

well i just blew myne and god its a pain my symptoms were when id drive it would just not lock up it would slip i could be driving up to a light and stop start going my rpms would up and truck was going slow also when you shift from park to drive the hesitation it takes like how long then shift to reverse it would thump from drive to rev and from rev to drive also and when you go from park to drive myne would wait lock in let go when hit the gas then thump in omg its a pain leme no on symptoms ur thinking are a blowing up tranny and ill let you now if i had it

2004 f250::::::sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rocking a sunburst orange jeep patriot pulling a sea doo rxp-x supercharged with stage 1 riva kit :

cheaper on fuel
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 11:21 PM Thread Starter

i do not have some of those symptoms..in the morning when it is a little cold it feels like it is going to shift and lurches forward (revs up to like 2200 rpms) then falls back down and bounces right back up and it will surge forward again and again and again until i let off for it to shift. once i am driving though it will shift really hard. i do not have a lag going into reverse or park...but in park the truck has a lot of slop.

i just made an appointment w/ ford to get it serviced..so hopefully this $180 service will do the trick..if not looks like i have to break the bank

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 11:28 PM
PSN Veteran

well myne did that it may be the clutch plates that was one thing that went wrong with myne then there was some others and about breaking the bank your telling me myne wat 4700 outa pocket

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rocking a sunburst orange jeep patriot pulling a sea doo rxp-x supercharged with stage 1 riva kit :

cheaper on fuel
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 11:44 PM
all ur OBS r belong to me

Send a message via MSN to OldschoolPSD

IMO if there's a tranny in your bed you got bigger problems...

Ford stopped building trucks in 1997

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 01:10 AM Thread Starter

dude oldschool, trannys are good for other things

well i am takin it in tuesday for fluid and check up so hopefully i will know then. i am also going to try some new tunes
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 01:29 AM
PSN Veteran

wat u mean old school my philosophy is buy cheap get cheap so im just getting a new tranny not a old one my friend goes through car motos casue he buys used ones i dont play that i jsut get new so i dont have to wory about wat that other person did to it

cheaper on fuel
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 01:38 AM
all ur OBS r belong to me

Send a message via MSN to OldschoolPSD

I mean if she is a he when you wake up in the morning you got issues

Ford stopped building trucks in 1997

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

well i returned the truck to stock and it shifts fine now.....
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-15-2007, 01:44 AM

chase, that is an issue with some performance programs. Someone who tunes 6.0's can tell you more about it, but I've heard of it many many times.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode