aggravating tranny issues - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 04:34 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Exclamation aggravating tranny issues

I have looked all over but can not find a thread with the same symptoms as mine. 2006 f250 6.0 4x4. My issue is this. When going from park o drive or reverse it takes a second or 2 for it to engage, as well as reverse to drive or drive to reverse. I have found some similar post about that but here is where mine differs... if my truck is in park or neutral and you rev truck up let it come back down to idle and put it in any gear it won't engage until you rev it up in that gear then it slams into gear and feels like the Tranny and rear end are gona come apart. I had truck put back to stock at ford and new updated software installed and still same issue. Where should I start? Tech at FORD looked puzzled
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 10:10 AM
PSN Local

Re: aggravating tranny issues

Initial thoughts are fluid level or solenoid problems. Did anyone check line pressure?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 11:25 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: aggravating tranny issues

I would replace both the PC-A solenoid, solenoid E, fluid and check for improvement. You'll need a new solenoid body gasket too. While you're in there, check for fine metal in the pan. If there is an excessive amount, stop there. It will need to be pulled for overhaul. Fine metal and other debris is what makes these solenoids stick.

07 CCSB 4x4 Lariat FX4 Bronze Metallic/Sage
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode