5r110 solenoid issues - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 04:00 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

5r110 solenoid issues

Ok so I have a 04 excursion 6.0 I recently had the trans rebuilt ... Ran fine for the first 500 or so then the solenoid problems started .. I am gettin a code for solenoid d stick off .. I ordered jus waiting to receive it .. My question is will this fix my problem or am I going to need more parts??? ... helppppp !!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 04:58 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Re: 5r110 solenoid issues

And also now after then end of second it will not shift an in almost like its nuetral ??? Will seloniod d cause this ???
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 04:58 AM
Administrator

is there a warranty on your rebuild ?

what fluid is in it ?

I am no tranny expert but it looks like you have a
direct drive solenoid code so maybe you will get lucky and the replacement will be the fix
we are lucky though we have a member who was one of the original Engineers for that transmission so helpfully he can give you some input

DTR's Donation page

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 05:04 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Yea there is a warranty and come to find out that the rebuild kit did not include electronics aka no solenoids .. So hopefully they will cover it if there is damage there's still not even a thousand miles on it .. And I'm believe that there is jus autozone type f because I was goin to change it after 500 miles with something better .. Can the fluid cause this or seloniods to give ???
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 05:07 AM
Administrator

the fluid may be the whole issue those trannies are super sensitive ( the solenoids are)
to any fluid issue so LV or SP Mercon is all you want to use

not many builders put all new solenoids in because they are expensive

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 05:11 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

That's nuts ... Thanks for your help man I'm gonna try that and see what happens ... If you come into contact with that tech you were talking about can you please have him reply .. Appreciate it an thanks again I'll keep you posted !!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 05:16 AM
Administrator

He usually swings buy
his name Is Mark

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 05:17 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

For sure thanks again brotha
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 05:23 AM
Administrator

good luck

I hate truck issues specially tranny

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 05:26 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Yea it's been huge pain in my ass but I love the haha I got that goin for me atleast..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode