Gears Gone - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
Cowboy Up

Unhappy Gears Gone

My slave sylinder went out this weekend and I was trying to make it to the parts store to change it. I needed to downshift into 1st and it wouldn't go, so I ran the rpm's up a little while I was still moving and I pushed a little harder and it went into gear, but it popped twice and now I have no 2nd at all and only have 1st if I put it in 3rd, 4th, 5th or rev. I said all that to say this, now that the ZF5 is broke I want to put the ZF6 in. Can yall help me with a couple of questions?

What other parts do I need besides transmission and transfer case?
Will my 5spd clutch, flywheel, and throw out bearing work with the 6spd?
What about some oil pump on the 6spd?
What about the the dowell pins and bolt holes, will they line up?
Will the 5spd clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder work with the 6spd?

I am sure there is more I need to know but I cant think of right now. If anyone can let me know any info. it would be a great help. Sorry for the long post.
Thanks

'96 F350 CCLB, Dually, 4wd, ZF6, 4.10's, 4" lift, Energy suspension and body bushings, Firestone airbags, 245/70R19.5, 3" DP, 4" MBRP straight pipe, Afe stage 2, TW 6 pos, Autometer gauges, Valair kevlar/ceramic clutch, Stage 1's, Shimmed FPR, Gutted EBPV, Welded pedestal, CCV mod, SD 7.3 intercooler, D66 Turbo, 17* HPOP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 05:43 PM
Going Crazy

Send a message via MSN to badluck_early99
Re: Gears Gone

You would need a ZF6 flywheel, clutch setup and all related parts.... i think about the only thing that does line up is the bolt pattern lol.... as for oil pump on ZF6 its internal so you would probably want to put an oil cooler on it like in the SD trucks

1999 F250 PS 6spd, 37x12.50x17 ProComp Xmud, 06 Grill & Lights. DP tuner, Terminator Hpops, Garrett 42, Casserly B codes, FASS Fuel system by DI, H11's, ITP Reg Return W/Bowl Delete, Sknab 6oh Intercooler, DIY Intake, 4'' Exhaust, Itp OBA, Autometer boost and pyro, , ccv

-Richard-
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
Cowboy Up

What about the hydraulics, and do the drive shafts on the 6spd transfer case have flanges that bolt together or a yoke that bolts on?
I found a 6spd tranny, transfer case, spacer, flywheel, clutch and press. plate all for $650 so I am almost positive that I am doing this.

'96 F350 CCLB, Dually, 4wd, ZF6, 4.10's, 4" lift, Energy suspension and body bushings, Firestone airbags, 245/70R19.5, 3" DP, 4" MBRP straight pipe, Afe stage 2, TW 6 pos, Autometer gauges, Valair kevlar/ceramic clutch, Stage 1's, Shimmed FPR, Gutted EBPV, Welded pedestal, CCV mod, SD 7.3 intercooler, D66 Turbo, 17* HPOP

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 02:32 AM
Going Crazy

Send a message via MSN to badluck_early99

as for hydraulics im not 100% sure but i think the ZF5 master and ZF6 slave would work... drive shafts use a flange that bolts together

1999 F250 PS 6spd, 37x12.50x17 ProComp Xmud, 06 Grill & Lights. DP tuner, Terminator Hpops, Garrett 42, Casserly B codes, FASS Fuel system by DI, H11's, ITP Reg Return W/Bowl Delete, Sknab 6oh Intercooler, DIY Intake, 4'' Exhaust, Itp OBA, Autometer boost and pyro, , ccv

-Richard-

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode