06 not engaging drive (mark) - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-14-2015, 10:54 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

06 not engaging drive (mark)

I recently started having a issue with the truck not wanting to engage drive. It was out of no where. fluid is not burnt and it is at the correct level. and the issue only shows on first engagement after start up. when it happens if i tap the throttle it will engage and run just fine. it will also engage all manual gears and reverse just fine. i had a shop check for codes and nothing showed up. truck still runs fine after that i have all gears 1st thru 6th and all shifts are fine tc still locks up and i run about 144 to 155 temp wise on 2 different gauges with the ambient temp being around 50 to 55. any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-14-2015, 11:00 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: 06 not engaging drive (mark)

Sounds like a sticky low/reverse solenoid or a sticking PC-A (line pressure). When was the last fluid and filter change (inline filter)? Have you ever had the pan off?

Where are you located?

07 CCSB 4x4 Lariat FX4 Bronze Metallic/Sage
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-14-2015, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Im in washington. i change in inline filter every 10000 miles and fluid change with pan filter every 30000 with a pump and i have had the pan off wasn't much on the magnet at all little clutch material but was nothing unexpected no big chucks at all.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-14-2015, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

and to add as it might help i have about 130000 on it
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-14-2015, 11:16 PM
PSN Veteran

No fine metal anywhere in the pan or inline filter? Does it delay going into reverse at all or just drive?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-14-2015, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

no metal at all noting in the inline filter (i normally unroll the filter too just to see if there is anything inside somewhere) it was clean too it has a little hesitation into reverse noting much at all and its not hesitation into drive it won't engage it unless i add a little throttle it will just sit there and act like it is in neutral I've sat there for 15 seconds before waiting to see if it was a long delay
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-14-2015, 11:23 PM
PSN Veteran

You can try changing solenoid E (low/reverse solenoid). It could be mechanically sticking. That is easier to change than the line pressure solenoid (solenoid body must be removed to change PC-A). If you change both with no improvement you may have sticky valves in the pump itself. My personal truck was like this. The main line pressure valve did not want to come out of the pump. Very sticky.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-14-2015, 11:27 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

ill give it a try thank you.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-14-2015, 11:40 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

just to ask would it show any other symptoms at all if it was either of those? i don't notice any thing but anything i could look for tell i can replace those parts.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-15-2015, 12:32 AM
PSN Veteran

If it was a sticking solenoid E? No, possibly if it was PC-A. When my trans failed it would delay and SLAM into gear. I had alot of metal in my trans though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode