BTS or JW - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 02:09 AM Thread Starter
got boost

Send a message via AIM to Lmgrcivic
BTS or JW

so I decided to just go with a built tranny and get it out of the way. Ive searched and talked to both and just wanted to get some opinons and hear what everone has done with theirs and how long they have had them.

01 Black 4dr auto, 118k, BTS trans, RR fuel system, DIY intake, 5in exhaust, CCV, zoodad, non EBV pedestal, high flow outlet, DP-tuner 60hptow, 80hp econo, 100hp per, 120hp race, SS oil crossover line, boost tube, map sensor, IH cps, gauges, RC leveling kit w/leaf springs

94 Civic LS motor turbo'd 11.6 @ 120 14psi stock block
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 02:19 AM
What else?

Send a message via AIM to smokyred
Re: BTS or JW

I've had my BTS for a little over 2 years, I've drag raced, sled pulled, towed trailer, and just generally got on it alot and it's taken every bit of it without skipping a beat.

I called Brian up the other day to see about getting it retuned for some new parts I'm adding and he's sending me the seperator plate and the other things I need free of charge, ya can't beat that!

Dave

'08 F250 6.4/Torqshift Spartan 310EL, Flo-Pro 4", White_monster air intake, RCD 4-link, RS9000's 584/1330
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Taking a break from trucks to play with guns!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 02:25 AM
PSN Veteran

From what I've gathered, both BTS and John Wood are absolutely awesome. I haven't heard as much about JW's warranty policies, but I know about BTS and I'd say it probably hard to beat by anyone. BTS straight up takes care of his customers. JW might too though, I don't know.

Early 99 F-350
4" lift on 33's. Daily Driver/ Plow truck.
Swamp's Gen3, 300/200's, Tuning, 76mm Sledgehammer. BTS. Fuel system, ARP's, P-Rods, 910's, and a few other things. Stock Block.
SOLD

New truck:
2009 F-350, 5.4L, 4" lift on 35's

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 03:22 AM
Back to Civilian Life!!

You being from Maryland it would be easier for a BTS. I have had mine for a year and I snow plowed with it this past winter a little bit and my temps never went over 150, I beat on it when I had my stage II injectors and that thing shifts amazing. I would go BTS

2003 F-250 4x4 7.3 liter PSD EXT. cab SB. Wilson 2000 antenna, Uniden PC78 peaked and tuned with a connex 250 Linear Amp.
MODS: BTS Tranny, DIY Tymar, Hypermax 3.5 DP to 5" back, TW tunes, DI's GT38R BB turbo, autometer boost, pyro, trans, water temp a Scangauge and Firestone rear air bags.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 04:03 AM
Proud PSN Sponsor!

With you being in Maryland, JW almost couldn't be any further from you. BTS is MUCH closer to you physically and since they are both fantastic it would either be a shorter trip for you or should cost less in freight.

Dennis Schroeder - Co-Owner of Strictly Diesel

/

/

Race Truck :: 6050# / 11.31 @ 120mph / Best 60' of 1.56 ... with "Built" Race Engine (Fuel Only!)
Race Truck :: 5980# / 10.965 @ 124mph / Best 60' of 1.54 ... with "Built" Race Engine (Nitrous)
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 04:41 AM
Laces Out

both warranties are the best business. both, i believe are 3 year unlimted mileage, and probaly honored well beyond that, as long as there isnt blatant abuse. i would say go with what is most convenient price wise and shipping wise, but you cant go wrong with either. JW FTW... lol

08' F250 4x4 w/ 3:55's
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 04:43 AM
PSN Veteran

agreed, at that point id pick the closest. Both are good dudes. Brian has "the cove" but JW has some mean fajitas.....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 04:53 AM
THE ONE AND ONLY!

Send a message via AIM to Big K Send a message via MSN to Big K Send a message via Yahoo to Big K

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie View Post
agreed, at that point id pick the closest. Both are good dudes. Brian has "the cove" but JW has some mean fajitas.....
Dude...I have had good fajitas before, but nothing holds a stick to "THE COVE"....

Kevin "Big K" Neal
President and Webmaster
North Texas Power Stroke Association

972-768-7252
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 03:35 PM
Back to Civilian Life!!

I was so tired when I drove down there from not sleeping the whole night before I missed out on goin there with them for lunch. I guess I missed out big time.....

2003 F-250 4x4 7.3 liter PSD EXT. cab SB. Wilson 2000 antenna, Uniden PC78 peaked and tuned with a connex 250 Linear Amp.
MODS: BTS Tranny, DIY Tymar, Hypermax 3.5 DP to 5" back, TW tunes, DI's GT38R BB turbo, autometer boost, pyro, trans, water temp a Scangauge and Firestone rear air bags.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 03:44 PM
ARMY bound

I've been happy with my BTS. I've heard great things about JW as well. But Burger King still has the best french fries.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode