auto tranny help/info - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 04:19 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

auto tranny help/info

So my dad bought a 99' 350 with an auto Its the first automatic in our fleet

Any way, Drives good but We cant seem to get the OD light to flash on, which I guess is taking it out of overdrive yeah ?

Any info on this thing would be good..

Truck has 95k miles all stock..

Mahalos

96'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
F250 Some stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 04:22 AM
96 Ford F-350 PSD

Re: auto tranny help/info

My dads 00 dually had the same problem. Very common. The shift lever breaks the wires inside over time to the switch. Ford has an upgraded one that now has worked great for about 15,000 miles. It is easy to replace too. I had it fixed in about 20-30 mins. Just pull the steering cover off, pull the pin for the shift lever and fish out and replace.

96 Ford PSD! Custom intercooler, 01 Aluminum radiator, S&B Intake, 5" exhaust, Stage 2 injectors, Complete stud kit, 3" aluminum intake plenums, Fuel system w/aeromotive pump and regulator, Coolant filter, BTS Trans, Adrenaline HPOP, live tuned DP Tuner, 4" lift, MKW19 wheels and Toyo MTs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 04:35 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

do you know what parts I need ?

Thanks for the quick response.

96'
F250 Some stuff

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 04:48 AM
96 Ford F-350 PSD

It comes in a complete kit. Tell them you need the shift lever overdrive button assembly. Like I said it is common, so they should know what you are talking about. I live in a small town and they had it in stock.

96 Ford PSD! Custom intercooler, 01 Aluminum radiator, S&B Intake, 5" exhaust, Stage 2 injectors, Complete stud kit, 3" aluminum intake plenums, Fuel system w/aeromotive pump and regulator, Coolant filter, BTS Trans, Adrenaline HPOP, live tuned DP Tuner, 4" lift, MKW19 wheels and Toyo MTs.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Ok, got the piece
any tips on removing the steering cover? Not nearly as straight forward it seems as my 96'
and I dont want to go breaking plastic clips on my dads truck...

96'
F250 Some stuff
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 01:22 AM
96 Ford F-350 PSD

It is really easy. Unscrew the handle to change the tilt, and then you have 2 or 3 screws on the bottom side to lossen and then a couple tabs on the sides that need to be undone and then drop the bottom side, The top side can be fliped up and then undone from the shift lever. R&R shift lever and put back together.

Good luck.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 02:42 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Got it! thanks alot, once I peaked under there it all made sense

Aloha

96'
F250 Some stuff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode