Aftermarket valve body with stock converter - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 04:37 AM Thread Starter
Exploding the magma

Aftermarket valve body with stock converter

Any thoughts on how the stock converter plays with an aftermarket Valve body on a 2000 F350 w/ PSD and 4R100? tia

2002 F-350 ECLB SRW 7.3 4R100
6637 203* t-stat 08 diff cover Stancor HPX 6.0 trans cooler, Zone offroad leveling kit, Western UM 8'6" plow

Sold: 2004.5 Ram 2500 w/ 5.9 CTD, Reg Cab 48re
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 04:56 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: Aftermarket valve body with stock converter

Should work fine, if you can get some tunes in it and keep the converter locked as much as possible I think it may last just that much longer. JMO

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Beans Diesel Performance
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 08:20 AM
owner/president

Send a message via MSN to dixieland-diesels

Worked very good for me in the past.

03 lariat cc,4x4 7.3,DP-F5,36''MT,8"lift w/trac.bars,4"Silverline ss.exh,AFE II,Optimas,ATS housing,WW,Turbomaster,6.0 IC & tranny cooler,BTS,ISSPRO gauges,HPX,ITP RR,BRV+,Powerslots,WARN prem-hubs,coolant filter,ccv mod,08 mirrors,ARP's,mod.fuel & inj's.,Crower rods,AIH delete,AMSOIL fluids. ~waitn on the 38R~

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 07:55 PM
PSN Veteran

I installed a BTS VB with my stock converter and it worked fine till the diode issue sneaked up and whacked me in the nuts.

I wouldn't get a new TC if I were you. If I did, when the diode failed, I'd be having to have the TC cut apart, cleaned, rewelded and rebalanced to fit onto the new trans.

01 Excursion 7.3L Powerstroke. Gauges with AIH Delete, AIS, CCV Mod, 4' MBRP, BTS Trans, 6.0L Trans Cooler and Intercooler, DP-Tuner F5 chip, ITP In Tank Mod and Boost Annihilator, Diesel Innovation's Regulated Fuel kit, BTS Big Oil system, GTP38R Turbo with 1.15 A/R housing and BPD Stage II AC injectors. Bilstein Shocks with U front and A Rear.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 04:24 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklim View Post
I installed a BTS VB with my stock converter and it worked fine till the diode issue sneaked up and whacked me in the nuts.

I wouldn't get a new TC if I were you. If I did, when the diode failed, I'd be having to have the TC cut apart, cleaned, rewelded and rebalanced to fit onto the new trans.
Not all 2000 models have the diode trans, mine is a solenoid trans, and I have a FTVB with a stock convertor and it works great, but before I get hybrid injectors I will be getting a new TC, just for insurance

2008 F-350 CC SB Lariat, 4wd, 20x12, 35x14.5, 4" lift w/ Bags, 4" Exhaust, IC Pipe, Elbow, S&B Intake, EGR Delete, Gearhead Tunes, Hellwig Sways, Recon Ltng

2000 Corvette - JT Trim Vortech

2007 HusaberG FS650

2008 RZR - Z1 Turbo
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 04:38 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phiber Optik View Post
Not all 2000 models have the diode trans, mine is a solenoid trans, and I have a FTVB with a stock convertor and it works great, but before I get hybrid injectors I will be getting a new TC, just for insurance
Actually, it is only the 01s that are at risk.

IMO, a used trans with many miles is way more at risk than a brand new BTS or JW. Not to say that a BTS or JW cannot break but the risk is way less. Like I said, it takes money to clean out that TC when the trans gives. As such, I would rather leave the TC alone till I get a fresh trans. I have stuck an expensive TC to a used trans before and had to pay for it to be cleaned when the old trans breaks.

01 Excursion 7.3L Powerstroke. Gauges with AIH Delete, AIS, CCV Mod, 4' MBRP, BTS Trans, 6.0L Trans Cooler and Intercooler, DP-Tuner F5 chip, ITP In Tank Mod and Boost Annihilator, Diesel Innovation's Regulated Fuel kit, BTS Big Oil system, GTP38R Turbo with 1.15 A/R housing and BPD Stage II AC injectors. Bilstein Shocks with U front and A Rear.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 04:54 AM
<--Spy Vs. Spy

Mine's doing better than ever with my sonnax/tricumulator and my PI Stallion!! I'm very VERY happy with the combo.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

228-365-0698
Sheep only have two speeds, 'grazing' and 'stampede'.
Regulated Returns are on SALE!!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 09:26 PM
HEARING IMPAIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklim View Post
Actually, it is only the 01s that are at risk.

IMO, a used trans with many miles is way more at risk than a brand new BTS or JW. Not to say that a BTS or JW cannot break but the risk is way less. Like I said, it takes money to clean out that TC when the trans gives. As such, I would rather leave the TC alone till I get a fresh trans. I have stuck an expensive TC to a used trans before and had to pay for it to be cleaned when the old trans breaks.
I get what your saying. But my question is what mods did you have to break a 4R100 with a TC and VB?
Reason I ask is I have a friend with stage II single shots, hot chip, IDM mod, and on the trans is a suncoast Converter with a suncoast VB. He pushes around 32 psi racing with a stock turbo w/ WW.
Im was going to do the same setup to my truck for my DD. How much farther would you go to break the trans.

From what you said, I dont want to invest in a SC TC and VB if Im goning to destroy the trans.

2003 PSD 7.3 L, STRAIGHT PIPE, BD POWER DIGITAL X-MONIOR, TS 6 POS CHIP, BHAF, IDM MOD, 10K MOD, SOME CHROME.

'75 F-100 Custom. Restoration/Project Build

Daniel

I have enough stickers to make 400HP
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 09:33 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'powerstroke7.3 View Post
I get what your saying. But my question is what mods did you have to break a 4R100 with a TC and VB?

From what you said, I dont want to invest in a SC TC and VB if Im goning to destroy the trans.
Mine would not be a fair comparison since all I had was the VB and the 60HP Tow tune when it broke. Problem was that the diode was a known issue.

I would invest in the VB and a chip, IMO. I would do other things but not spend big bucks on a TC to mate with the old trans.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 12:41 AM
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"

I did a racerx vb and it worked out great for me with the stock convertor and 35's.

2004 f250 egr delete,studded,fass 95,suncoast convertor,itp RR,Banks intercooler,58v tuned ficm,Powermax turbo,Matts tunes,6in Icon and 35 toyos 20x12 fuels
Early 99 exlb 4wd-SOLD All Shaeffer oil
Will Iott -8/24/84-7/4/10 "We miss you buddy"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode