SunCoast rebuild kit - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-23-2009, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
got boost

Send a message via AIM to Lmgrcivic
SunCoast rebuild kit

The tranny on my truck is starting to slip extremely bad. I priced a rebuild kit to do for the time being. I could get a stock brand new tranny for 1900 bux but not trying to go that route so was just looking for some input on the rebuild kits if anyone has used them. Im trying to hold out for now and get a bts later down the road. thanks

01 Black 4dr auto, 118k, BTS trans, RR fuel system, DIY intake, 5in exhaust, CCV, zoodad, non EBV pedestal, high flow outlet, DP-tuner 60hptow, 80hp econo, 100hp per, 120hp race, SS oil crossover line, boost tube, map sensor, IH cps, gauges, RC leveling kit w/leaf springs

94 Civic LS motor turbo'd 11.6 @ 120 14psi stock block
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-23-2009, 06:05 PM
All done now

Re: SunCoast rebuild kit

Give RacerX a shout.

Racer X Automotive

Early '99 F350 DRW, Excab, LB. Auto. 2WD, 2010 bed, 2005 headlights, 298K, on my way to 1000K.
H2E, 238 Hybrids, Adrenaline oil, Tuned by Tony. DIY Regulated Return.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-23-2009, 07:26 PM
OBNOXIOUS MOTORSPORTS

Send a message via Yahoo to alterdst8

I recently had a rebuild in feb using Everything off suncoasts website minus the billet outputshaft. Had a local performance tranny shop do it with for 1K more then add the pi stallion TC. Now my trucks runs like i added another 60-80HP!!

02 c/c lariat 4x4 DI studs, Rosewood BIG OIL, 76mm/22cm XXXH2Evil, some fuel, C2 gauges, tru trac F/R 4.30 gears, custom shafts, Stallion TC, Fully built Suncoast, mag hytech pan, 5" pipe, 25k gooseneck hidden hitch , 2 motors, STILL on pmrs in one
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mitch in Mayetta Ks my turbo sponsor
OBNOXIOUS DIESEL built build

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 03:05 AM
PSN Local

i also had a local guy build my tranny using everything on suncoast website except the billet shafts but i used there triple disc converter all i can say is is its the best mod ive dont to my truck period. its not a bts but it does what i need it to do

99.5 F-250 X-CAB SHORTBED 4X4
Dyno proven tuning
suncoast tranny
P.I.S 238CC/200% hybrids
irate s471 turbo
Fuel system
stealth srp1 hpop
arp studs
comp 910s
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 03:29 AM Thread Starter
got boost

Send a message via AIM to Lmgrcivic

great Im glad to hear good things. what did it all total upto for the build for you guys and thanks again

01 Black 4dr auto, 118k, BTS trans, RR fuel system, DIY intake, 5in exhaust, CCV, zoodad, non EBV pedestal, high flow outlet, DP-tuner 60hptow, 80hp econo, 100hp per, 120hp race, SS oil crossover line, boost tube, map sensor, IH cps, gauges, RC leveling kit w/leaf springs

94 Civic LS motor turbo'd 11.6 @ 120 14psi stock block
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 04:06 PM
HP Junky

The tranny in my crew cab was a bit of a budget build at the time I did it. Suncoasts Extreme Rebuild kit, a John Wood converter and billet input shaft, and a good a valve body. It's now got over 40,000 miles on it, and it has held up to 550+ horsepower quite nicely. Still shifts great...
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 04:20 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmgrcivic View Post
great Im glad to hear good things. what did it all total upto for the build for you guys and thanks again
3927 out the door 2500-2600 for parts including upgraded sprags and roller bearings, suncoast triple disc, extreme rebuild, transgo tugger kit, amsoil synthetic fluid fill and some other stuff i dont have the break down in front of me labor 1100 for labor which includes remove and rplace and tranny rebuild and tranny coolers flushed and the rest of the money was for good old taxes since it was done locally. best part of all i get a 2 year unlimited warranty in writing unlimited horsepower and unlimited miles no matter what happens

99.5 F-250 X-CAB SHORTBED 4X4
Dyno proven tuning
suncoast tranny
P.I.S 238CC/200% hybrids
irate s471 turbo
Fuel system
stealth srp1 hpop
arp studs
comp 910s
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 05:36 PM
Diesel Sled Head

You can get a BTS for a little more WITH warranty. Just had a buddy with a suncoast failed. Was approx 3 years old. He was on his own suncoast laughed at him looking for warranty.

2001 f250 H2E,BTS,Stealth,reg return,mod IDM, spearco,DI Ceramic Headers.. bcode stage 3's Cale's Tunes
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 06:17 PM
PSN Veteran

Mine has a Suncoast rebuild and a few other parts from them, I think. It is matched with a PI Stallion TC. Shifts well, and I haven't had any issues with it. Granted, I'm only in the 350HP range but with 37's and 3.73's.

2001 F-250 Crew Cab 4x4
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 09:04 PM
PSN Veteran

BTS trans or for the DYI guys a kit from JW best bet. BTS will take care of you after the warranty is up you just pay shipping..PM me if you would like prices..include your zip.

Cary

We only carry the BEST parts and never compromise just to get a sale.

Dealer for: Full Force, Tymar, BTS, Icon, Pure Performance, TW tunes, just to name a few.

email:

Introduction only. Please email if I can help.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode